Elizabeth Taylor's gold Cleopatra cape fetches 37k pounds at auctionApr 2, 5:30 pm
London, Apr 2 (ANI): The gold cape worn by Elizabeth Taylor in the classic movie 'Cleopatra' has been auctioned for whopping 37,000 pounds.The garment, designed to look like the wings of a phoenix, helped the 1963 blockbuster bag an Oscar for Best Costume Design.The Hollywood legend wore it in scenes where Cleopatra entered Rome and when she committed suicide with a snake bite.The cape was bought in 1970 from a costume shop by a woman who never showed it to anyone. When she died her daughter put it up for sale. "I never mentioned it or showed it to anyone," the Sun quoted the anonymous seller as saying after the auction in Dallas, US."When Elizabeth Taylor passed away I thought of the magnificent cape and realised it was time for it to find its way into the world," she added.Taylor died last year at the age of 79. (ANI)
Soon, live-action Barbie movie in theatres Apr 24, 5:31 pm
Washington, April 24 (ANI): A live-action Barbie movie is currently in the making, it has been revealed.Full Story »
Diane Keaton continues being friends with Woody Allen post sex abuse scandal Apr 24, 4:46 pm
Washington, April 24 (ANI): Diane Keaton has revealed that she still remains friends with Woody Allen after his sex abuse scandal, as nothing is going to change their friendship.Full Story »
Johnny Depp starrer 'Mortdecai' set to release in 2015 Apr 24, 4:30 pm
Washington, April 24 (ANI): Johnny Depp's upcoming film 'Mortdecai' will hit the theatres in 2015, it has been revealed.Full Story »
Imogen Thomas flaunts sexy post-baby figure Apr 24, 4:30 pm
London, April 24 (ANI): Imogen Thomas, who has dropped down from dress size 12 to size 10, recently showed off her post baby body.Full Story »
- 'Frozen' actor Josh Gad re-teams with Disney for new project
- Olivia Wilde welcomes baby boy with Jason Sudeikis
- RiRi and Drake 'getting serious about each other'
- What inspires 'Frozen' and 'Toy Story's creative executive
- Miranda Kerr believes in being 'natural' when it comes to beauty
- Avril Lavigne slammed over 'racist' 'Hello Kitty' music video
- Lupita Nyong'o named 'most beautiful woman' by People mag
- Jennifer Garner to executive produce Bravo's 'All the Pretty Faces'
- William Hurt pulls out of Gregg Allman's biopic 'Midnight Rider'
- Samuel L Jackson asks men to stop being macho over male cancer check-up
TOP VIDEO STORIES