Natalie Portman named kids charity ambassadorApr 4, 3:30 pm
Washington, Apr 4 (ANI): Natalie Portman has been appointed as the latest spokesperson for a charity helping youngsters in developing countries on Tuesday. The Black Swan star, who became a mother for the first time last year, is quite proud of her latest role in 'Free the Children'."As a mother and the organisation's newest ambassador, I am grateful to Free the Children for giving me the opportunity to channel my passion and love of children into meaningful action that furthers the education and leadership of young women for years to come. I hope others join me in supporting this important cause," Contactmusic quoted her as saying.Portman, who is also the face of the Dior cosmetics brand, has selected one of the company's lipsticks to be sold in support of the charity, with proceeds going to fund scholarships for girls' secondary education in Kenya. The lipstick will be unveiled in the autumn (12).The actress, who became a mother for the first time last year, helped raise money for the organisation last year (11) by donating a dress she wore to a red carpet event to the cause, and also backed their The Power of a Girl fundraising initiative to improve educational facilities for young females. (ANI)
Angelina Jolie hits back at author who sued her twice for 'infringement' Aug 22, 7:01 pm
Washington, Aug 22 (ANI): Angelina Jolie has responded to the author James Braddock's claim that the actress had stolen his work for her movie 'In the Land of Blood and Honey'.Full Story »
I'm proud of my Portsmouth roots, says Geeta Basra Aug 22, 7:01 pm
London, Aug 22 (ANI): Bollywood actress Geeta Basra has revealed that she is proud of her Portsmouth roots and whenever she has time, she comes back to serve customers in her parents' newsagents.Full Story »
'Dracula Untold' set to release on October 17 in India Aug 22, 5:32 pm
New Delhi, August 22 (ANI): 'Dracula - Untold' is set to release in India on October 17 in Hindi, English, Tamil and Telugu.Full Story »
Neha Dhupia, Chitrangada Singh walked the ramp at LFW 2014 in Mumbai Aug 22, 5:32 pm
New Delhi, Aug 22 (ANI): Neha Dhupia and Chitrangada Singh recently set the ramp ablaze at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) in Mumbai.Full Story »
- Jessica Alba's 'Sin City 2' action figure is 'inappropriate for kids'
- 'Boy crazy' Kendall Jenner likes witty guys
- Britney Spears 'fed up of father's control' on her life
- Pierce Brosnan lost 'Angela's Ashes' flick for being 'too handsome'
- Disney Channel India to launch 'Kahani Masters' for young filmmakers
- Judi Dench, Benedict Cumberbatch in TV drama 'The Hollow Crown'
- Kate Upton strips down for new Sam Edelman shoe campaign
- Marvel blasted for new 'erotic' Spider-Woman comic cover catering to 'horny men'
- Pat O'Brien reveals when 'horny' Jolie wanted to embark upon a 'man hunt'
- Ashton Kutcher tops TV earners list
TOP VIDEO STORIES