Natalie Portman named kids charity ambassadorApr 4, 3:30 pm
Washington, Apr 4 (ANI): Natalie Portman has been appointed as the latest spokesperson for a charity helping youngsters in developing countries on Tuesday. The Black Swan star, who became a mother for the first time last year, is quite proud of her latest role in 'Free the Children'."As a mother and the organisation's newest ambassador, I am grateful to Free the Children for giving me the opportunity to channel my passion and love of children into meaningful action that furthers the education and leadership of young women for years to come. I hope others join me in supporting this important cause," Contactmusic quoted her as saying.Portman, who is also the face of the Dior cosmetics brand, has selected one of the company's lipsticks to be sold in support of the charity, with proceeds going to fund scholarships for girls' secondary education in Kenya. The lipstick will be unveiled in the autumn (12).The actress, who became a mother for the first time last year, helped raise money for the organisation last year (11) by donating a dress she wore to a red carpet event to the cause, and also backed their The Power of a Girl fundraising initiative to improve educational facilities for young females. (ANI)
Kanye West says marriage, fatherhood made him 'better person' Jan 30, 6:37 pm
Washington, Jan 30 (ANI): Kanye West has admitted that his marriage with wife Kim Kardashian and their daughter North West has made him a better person, while appearing on Ellen DeGeneres Show.Full Story »
'Terminator: Genisys' gets 2015 Super Bowl ad spot Jan 30, 5:53 pm
Washington, Jan. 30 (ANI): The most anticipated movie 'Terminator: Genisys' new trailer will be officially unveiled during Super Bowl on February 1st, 2015.Full Story »
Joan Rivers' voice doctor refutes 'abandonment' claims Jan 30, 5:44 pm
Washington, Jan 30 (ANI): The attorney for Joan Rivers' voice doctor Gwen Korovin has denied allegations that she left the room when the comedian went into cardiac arrest.Full Story »
'Star Wars' creator George Lucas has 'no interest' in science fiction Jan 30, 5:34 pm
Washington, Jan 30 (ANI): The 'Star Wars' creator George Lucas has revealed that he really has no interest in science fiction at all.Full Story »
- Sam Reid joins cast of Michiel Huisman, Teresa Palmer starrer '2:22'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's mom admits confusion over 'conscious uncoupling'
- Disney unveils its first Latina Princess, 'Elena of Avalor'
- Dakota Johnson, Leslie Man join cast of New Line's 'How To Be Single'
- Oprah celebrates 61st b'day with Beyonce, Ellen DeGeneres' special wishes
- Cate Blanchett 'goes commando' at AACTA Awards in Australia
- Prosecutor seeking jail time for Li Lo over unfulfilled community service requirements
- Suge Knight linked to Compton fatal hit-and-run, victim dead
- Soon, muggles will be able to board Hogwarts Express from platform 9 3/4 at WB Studio
- Padma Lakshmi jokes about having 'penis' in her bikini bottoms
TOP VIDEO STORIES