Natalie Portman named kids charity ambassadorApr 4, 3:30 pm
Washington, Apr 4 (ANI): Natalie Portman has been appointed as the latest spokesperson for a charity helping youngsters in developing countries on Tuesday. The Black Swan star, who became a mother for the first time last year, is quite proud of her latest role in 'Free the Children'."As a mother and the organisation's newest ambassador, I am grateful to Free the Children for giving me the opportunity to channel my passion and love of children into meaningful action that furthers the education and leadership of young women for years to come. I hope others join me in supporting this important cause," Contactmusic quoted her as saying.Portman, who is also the face of the Dior cosmetics brand, has selected one of the company's lipsticks to be sold in support of the charity, with proceeds going to fund scholarships for girls' secondary education in Kenya. The lipstick will be unveiled in the autumn (12).The actress, who became a mother for the first time last year, helped raise money for the organisation last year (11) by donating a dress she wore to a red carpet event to the cause, and also backed their The Power of a Girl fundraising initiative to improve educational facilities for young females. (ANI)
'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', 'Ship Of Theseus' win National Film Awards Apr 16, 5:35 pm
New Delhi, April 16 (ANI): The winners of the prestigious 61st National Film Awards have been announced by the Directorate of Film Festivals and 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' and 'Ship of Theseus' have made it to the list.Full Story »
I'm glad I didn't audition for the Bella Swan role in Twilight, says Emily Browning Apr 16, 5:20 pm
London, April 16 (ANI): Emily Browning has revealed that she is glad that she didn't audition for Bella Swan's role in 'Twilight'.Full Story »
Beyonce, Jay Z set to embark on stadium tour this summer Apr 16, 4:48 pm
New York, April 16 (ANI): Jay Z and Beyonce are set to launch a 20-stadium US tour together in late June.Full Story »
Shilpa Shetty Kundra launches jewelry store in Mumbai with hubby Apr 16, 4:38 pm
New Delhi, April 16 (ANI): Shilpa Shetty Kundra along with her husband Raj Kundra, was spotted launching their very first Satyug Gold store in Mumbai.Full Story »
- Lorde ditches grunge look, glams up for Teen Vogue cover
- Shraddha Kapoor walks the ramp for Rohit Bal's new online collection
- LiLo breaks down in Oprah Winfrey's documentary clip
- Sir Paul McCartney to include fans' pics in 'Save Us' video
- Liev Schreiber, Jaden Smith set to star in 'The Good Lord Bird'
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick wedding 'not happening'
- Sussanne Roshan launches fashion academy in Mumbai
- Angelina Jolie warned Johnny Depp not to marry Amber Heard
- Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly re-team with Adam McKay for 'Border Guards'
- Sharon Stone joins Kristen Stewart in 'American Ultra'
TOP VIDEO STORIES