Surgery brought us closer, says Nicole KidmanApr 17, 6:44 pm
Melbourne, Apr 17 (ANI): Nicole Kidman has revealed that silent treatment meted to her by husband Keith Urban following his throat surgery , has strengthened their marriage bond. The 44-year-old actress broke down in tears when she heard Urban's voice for the first time after the surgery. The country music singer, who is currently working as a mentor on the Nine Network's The Voice, went under the knife in November to remove a polyp on his vocal cords and was subsequently placed on voice rest for several weeks and told to stay silent for his early recovery.The 'Somebody Like You' hitmaker has since made his singing comeback and Kidman has now opened up about the medical drama, joking that their house was a lot quieter."Three weeks of no sound - no laughing, no coughing, no sneezing, nothing. He could write things down, and he would scribble away," the Age quoted her as telling W Magazine.'The Hours' actress has revealed that despite Urban banned from speaking the two managed to argue. "You can still fight when someone can't talk. When he disagreed with me, he would write, 'This is unacceptable'," she explained. And she admits the silent treatment strengthened their marriage."All of those things make you closer. It was sort of profound to go without his voice, and then to finally hear his voice. What if he sounded different? I was there for his first words, and then we cried. How many people experience their husband's first words? If that doesn't bring you closer, you're not breathing," she added. (ANI)
Tintin collectibles set to be auctioned in Paris Mar 3, 5:35 pm
London, Mar 3 (ANI): Hundreds of storyboards, drawings and books by 'The Adventures of Tintin' creator Georges Remi are set to go up for auction in Paris the coming weekend.Full Story »
Ryan Phillippe suffers from depression since childhood Mar 3, 5:35 pm
Washington, Mar 3 (ANI): Ryan Phillippe has revealed that he went through a lot of emotional struggles of his on-screen characters and has felt like tortured at times.Full Story »
Jennifer Garner's kids don't like her playing mum in movies Mar 3, 5:35 pm
Washington, Mar 3 (ANI): Jennifer Garner has admitted that her kids do not like her playing the role of a mother in movies.Full Story »
Madonna advises Kanye West 'not to look for justice at award shows' Mar 3, 5:03 pm
Washington, Mar 3 (ANI): Madonna has praised Kanye West's blunt behaviour, but has advised him that he shouldn't expect justice at the award shows.Full Story »
- Lady Gaga suffers extreme nip-slip while shooting in NYC
- Marvel taps Drew Goddard to write, direct upcoming 'Spider-Man' film
- J.K. Rowling cried after watching 'The Casual Vacancy' finale on BBC
- Pray for Sonam's recovery, says dad Anil Kapoor
- Wilmer Valderrama roped in for Fox's drama pilot 'Minority Report'
- Lady Gaga assures Taylor Swift her 'prince charming will come'
- Helen Mirren to reprise royal role in new Broadway 'The Audience'
- Ellie Goulding, Nick Jonas roped in as advisor's on 'The Voice'
- Kim K admits obsession with selfies is ridiculous
- Kanye West lectures Oxford students: if I can remove my ego, there's hope for everyone
TOP VIDEO STORIES