Surgery brought us closer, says Nicole KidmanApr 17, 6:44 pm
Melbourne, Apr 17 (ANI): Nicole Kidman has revealed that silent treatment meted to her by husband Keith Urban following his throat surgery , has strengthened their marriage bond. The 44-year-old actress broke down in tears when she heard Urban's voice for the first time after the surgery. The country music singer, who is currently working as a mentor on the Nine Network's The Voice, went under the knife in November to remove a polyp on his vocal cords and was subsequently placed on voice rest for several weeks and told to stay silent for his early recovery.The 'Somebody Like You' hitmaker has since made his singing comeback and Kidman has now opened up about the medical drama, joking that their house was a lot quieter."Three weeks of no sound - no laughing, no coughing, no sneezing, nothing. He could write things down, and he would scribble away," the Age quoted her as telling W Magazine.'The Hours' actress has revealed that despite Urban banned from speaking the two managed to argue. "You can still fight when someone can't talk. When he disagreed with me, he would write, 'This is unacceptable'," she explained. And she admits the silent treatment strengthened their marriage."All of those things make you closer. It was sort of profound to go without his voice, and then to finally hear his voice. What if he sounded different? I was there for his first words, and then we cried. How many people experience their husband's first words? If that doesn't bring you closer, you're not breathing," she added. (ANI)
'Smart' audience will reject anything that is dumb: Shonali Bose Mar 27, 7:14 pm
By Kirti AroraFull Story »
David Walliams, Lara Stone to seek divorce in April Mar 27, 5:26 pm
London, Mar 27 (ANI): David Walliams and Lara Stone have finally decided to take divorce after 5 years of marriage in April.Full Story »
Britney Spears heads back to school for pre-algebra to help her kids Mar 27, 5:26 pm
New York, Mar 27 (ANI): Britney Spears has revealed that she is taking pre-algebra to keep up with her sons 9-year-old Sean Preston and 8-year-old Jayden James' homework.Full Story »
Kim and Khloe K worry `shady` Scott Disick is keeping secrets from Kourtney in new clip Mar 27, 4:44 pm
Washington, Mar 27 (ANI): In a new clip from 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians,' Kim Kardashian and Khloe Kardashian are worried Scott Disick may be keeping a few secrets from Kourtney Kardashian.Full Story »
- 'Boymkesh Bakshi' has been my most honest portrayal of character so far: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Amazon India Fashion Week Day 2
- Jon Hamm admits delving into darkness of his character Don Draper was 'challenging'
- Here's how women are gaining equality in superhero fiction
- Melissa Joan Hart nabs guest star on NBC's 'The Mysteries of Laura'
- Why art receives step-motherly treatment in India?
- Zayn Malik to miss out on multi-million dollar payday post 1D exit
- Kim K bids adieu to blonde hair, goes back to dark locks
- Jimi Hendrix's iconic 250 pounds worth guitar set to fetch 500k pounds at auction
- Ben Stiller regrets not making up with Late Joan Rivers
TOP VIDEO STORIES