Surgery brought us closer, says Nicole KidmanApr 17, 6:44 pm
Melbourne, Apr 17 (ANI): Nicole Kidman has revealed that silent treatment meted to her by husband Keith Urban following his throat surgery , has strengthened their marriage bond. The 44-year-old actress broke down in tears when she heard Urban's voice for the first time after the surgery. The country music singer, who is currently working as a mentor on the Nine Network's The Voice, went under the knife in November to remove a polyp on his vocal cords and was subsequently placed on voice rest for several weeks and told to stay silent for his early recovery.The 'Somebody Like You' hitmaker has since made his singing comeback and Kidman has now opened up about the medical drama, joking that their house was a lot quieter."Three weeks of no sound - no laughing, no coughing, no sneezing, nothing. He could write things down, and he would scribble away," the Age quoted her as telling W Magazine.'The Hours' actress has revealed that despite Urban banned from speaking the two managed to argue. "You can still fight when someone can't talk. When he disagreed with me, he would write, 'This is unacceptable'," she explained. And she admits the silent treatment strengthened their marriage."All of those things make you closer. It was sort of profound to go without his voice, and then to finally hear his voice. What if he sounded different? I was there for his first words, and then we cried. How many people experience their husband's first words? If that doesn't bring you closer, you're not breathing," she added. (ANI)
Kanye West says marriage, fatherhood made him 'better person' Jan 30, 6:37 pm
Washington, Jan 30 (ANI): Kanye West has admitted that his marriage with wife Kim Kardashian and their daughter North West has made him a better person, while appearing on Ellen DeGeneres Show.Full Story »
'Terminator: Genisys' gets 2015 Super Bowl ad spot Jan 30, 5:53 pm
Washington, Jan. 30 (ANI): The most anticipated movie 'Terminator: Genisys' new trailer will be officially unveiled during Super Bowl on February 1st, 2015.Full Story »
Joan Rivers' voice doctor refutes 'abandonment' claims Jan 30, 5:44 pm
Washington, Jan 30 (ANI): The attorney for Joan Rivers' voice doctor Gwen Korovin has denied allegations that she left the room when the comedian went into cardiac arrest.Full Story »
'Star Wars' creator George Lucas has 'no interest' in science fiction Jan 30, 5:34 pm
Washington, Jan 30 (ANI): The 'Star Wars' creator George Lucas has revealed that he really has no interest in science fiction at all.Full Story »
- Sam Reid joins cast of Michiel Huisman, Teresa Palmer starrer '2:22'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's mom admits confusion over 'conscious uncoupling'
- Disney unveils its first Latina Princess, 'Elena of Avalor'
- Dakota Johnson, Leslie Man join cast of New Line's 'How To Be Single'
- Oprah celebrates 61st b'day with Beyonce, Ellen DeGeneres' special wishes
- Cate Blanchett 'goes commando' at AACTA Awards in Australia
- Prosecutor seeking jail time for Li Lo over unfulfilled community service requirements
- Suge Knight linked to Compton fatal hit-and-run, victim dead
- Soon, muggles will be able to board Hogwarts Express from platform 9 3/4 at WB Studio
- Padma Lakshmi jokes about having 'penis' in her bikini bottoms
TOP VIDEO STORIES