Drug addicts aren't criminals, says Russell BrandApr 25, 5:28 pm
London, Apr 25 (ANI): Russell Brand on Tuesday urged the MPS to decriminalise drug possession.The comedian told MPs that drug addicts should be treated for a potentially fatal illness ."I'm not a legal expert. I'm saying that, to a drug addict, the legal aspect is irrelevant. If you need to get drugs, you will," the Daily Express quoted him as saying."The criminal status sends the wrong message. Being arrested isn't a lesson, it's just an administrative blip."Brand, who beat his addiction in 2002, revealed to the Home Affairs Committee he was arrested 12 times for drugs.The 36-year-old flouted convention during the lively 30-minute hearing in London. Sporting a ripped black vest and gold chains and crosses, he called MPs "mate" or by their first names.Brand told the committee that he backed the relaxation of laws on possession, but did not want "a wacky free for all". "I think some people can safely take drugs. I'm not saying no to all drugs," he said."Let's have an authentic, truthful, honest debate and some funding for abstinence-based recovery."Decriminalising possession of drugs would allow addiction to be treated as a "health matter", he said, adding, "Addicts who get clean generally stop committing crime." (ANI)
Unhealthy food makes it difficult for Kim K to lose baby fat Jan 29, 6:36 pm
London, Jan 29 (ANI): Kim Kardashian has revealed the secret behind her slow baby fat reduction by stating that she doesn't have time to cook healthy food.Full Story »
Ludacris gets primary custody of 1-yr-old daughter Jan 29, 5:45 pm
Washington, Jan 29 (ANI): Ludacris has been granted the primary custody of his 1-year-old daughter with Tamika Fuller after a bitter court battle.Full Story »
Courtney Love reveals took drugs during pregnancy Jan 29, 5:12 pm
New York, Jan 29 (ANI): Courtney Love has admitted in her late husband and musician Kurt Cobain's documentary 'Montage of Heck', that she took heroin while she was pregnant.Full Story »
Emma Watson takes HeForShe campaign to Twitter, gives inspiring advice Jan 29, 3:09 pm
Wellington, Jan 29 (ANI): Emma Watson has recently taken it to her Twitter page to answer some questions about the HeForShe campaign, during which she delivered advice on the importance of equal rights for men and women.Full Story »
- Selena Gomez 'happy' with new beau Zedd
- E L James approves 50 Shades' inspired erotic lingerie range
- Julianne Moore stopped believing in 'God' post mum's death
- Johnny Depp claims 'chupacabra' attack caused him to miss press conference
- Gene Hackman's rep confirm he's 'alive and well'
- Matthew McConaughey hops aboard 'Born To Run' adaptation flick
- Mehcad Brooks joins cast of Melissa Benoist starrer 'Supergirl'
- Penelope Cruz, Diane Kruger join cast of 'This Man, This Woman'
- Johnny Depp to part ways with longtime agent post recent movie flops?
- Taylor Swift trademarks lyrics and accessories from her latest album '1989'
TOP VIDEO STORIES