Drug addicts aren't criminals, says Russell BrandApr 25, 5:28 pm
London, Apr 25 (ANI): Russell Brand on Tuesday urged the MPS to decriminalise drug possession.The comedian told MPs that drug addicts should be treated for a potentially fatal illness ."I'm not a legal expert. I'm saying that, to a drug addict, the legal aspect is irrelevant. If you need to get drugs, you will," the Daily Express quoted him as saying."The criminal status sends the wrong message. Being arrested isn't a lesson, it's just an administrative blip."Brand, who beat his addiction in 2002, revealed to the Home Affairs Committee he was arrested 12 times for drugs.The 36-year-old flouted convention during the lively 30-minute hearing in London. Sporting a ripped black vest and gold chains and crosses, he called MPs "mate" or by their first names.Brand told the committee that he backed the relaxation of laws on possession, but did not want "a wacky free for all". "I think some people can safely take drugs. I'm not saying no to all drugs," he said."Let's have an authentic, truthful, honest debate and some funding for abstinence-based recovery."Decriminalising possession of drugs would allow addiction to be treated as a "health matter", he said, adding, "Addicts who get clean generally stop committing crime." (ANI)
Cate Blanchett admits to being intimidate by moms judging her parenting skills Nov 27, 5:56 pm
London, Nov 27 (ANI): Cate Blanchett has revealed that she feels intimated by other moms who judge her parenting skills.Full Story »
Johnny Depp 'doesn't give a f-k' when it comes to critics Nov 27, 5:23 pm
Washington, Nov 27 (ANI): Johnny Depp has revealed that he doesn't give a f-k when it comes to the critics, as he doesn't have a care in the world.Full Story »
Cate Blanchett 'f***ing' proud of U.N. Goodwill ambassador Emma Watson Nov 27, 5:23 pm
Washington, Nov 27 (ANI): Cate Blanchett really admires Emma Watson for her speech on gender equality at the U.N.Full Story »
Robin Williams' 639-acre Napa estate up on sale for $25.9 M Nov 27, 5:23 pm
Washington, Nov 27 (ANI): Robin Williams' 639-acre Napa estate is on the market with a reduced price of 25.9 million dollars.Full Story »
- Taylor Swift's 'heartbreaks' helped her record sales soar
- Kanye West to swap music career for more lucrative 'fashion'
- Scott Disick groans at not having slept with Kourtney K for 5 yrs
- Mel Brooks set to lend voice to Adam Sandler's vampire dad in 'Hotel Transylvania 2'
- Is 1D heading for a split?
- Jennifer Aniston reveals Justin Theroux's late night pranks
- 'MasterChef' looking for third judge after Joe Bastianich exit series
- Joan Collins recalls horror of being raped by hubby-to-be at 17
- Sean Combs misses relationship with 'sexy' ex Cameron Diaz
- James Cameron says 'Avatar' sequels will make one shit with mouth wide open
TOP VIDEO STORIES