Drug addicts aren't criminals, says Russell BrandApr 25, 5:28 pm
London, Apr 25 (ANI): Russell Brand on Tuesday urged the MPS to decriminalise drug possession.The comedian told MPs that drug addicts should be treated for a potentially fatal illness ."I'm not a legal expert. I'm saying that, to a drug addict, the legal aspect is irrelevant. If you need to get drugs, you will," the Daily Express quoted him as saying."The criminal status sends the wrong message. Being arrested isn't a lesson, it's just an administrative blip."Brand, who beat his addiction in 2002, revealed to the Home Affairs Committee he was arrested 12 times for drugs.The 36-year-old flouted convention during the lively 30-minute hearing in London. Sporting a ripped black vest and gold chains and crosses, he called MPs "mate" or by their first names.Brand told the committee that he backed the relaxation of laws on possession, but did not want "a wacky free for all". "I think some people can safely take drugs. I'm not saying no to all drugs," he said."Let's have an authentic, truthful, honest debate and some funding for abstinence-based recovery."Decriminalising possession of drugs would allow addiction to be treated as a "health matter", he said, adding, "Addicts who get clean generally stop committing crime." (ANI)
Soon, live-action Barbie movie in theatres Apr 24, 5:31 pm
Washington, April 24 (ANI): A live-action Barbie movie is currently in the making, it has been revealed.Full Story »
Diane Keaton continues being friends with Woody Allen post sex abuse scandal Apr 24, 4:46 pm
Washington, April 24 (ANI): Diane Keaton has revealed that she still remains friends with Woody Allen after his sex abuse scandal, as nothing is going to change their friendship.Full Story »
Johnny Depp starrer 'Mortdecai' set to release in 2015 Apr 24, 4:30 pm
Washington, April 24 (ANI): Johnny Depp's upcoming film 'Mortdecai' will hit the theatres in 2015, it has been revealed.Full Story »
Imogen Thomas flaunts sexy post-baby figure Apr 24, 4:30 pm
London, April 24 (ANI): Imogen Thomas, who has dropped down from dress size 12 to size 10, recently showed off her post baby body.Full Story »
- 'Frozen' actor Josh Gad re-teams with Disney for new project
- Olivia Wilde welcomes baby boy with Jason Sudeikis
- RiRi and Drake 'getting serious about each other'
- What inspires 'Frozen' and 'Toy Story's creative executive
- Miranda Kerr believes in being 'natural' when it comes to beauty
- Avril Lavigne slammed over 'racist' 'Hello Kitty' music video
- Lupita Nyong'o named 'most beautiful woman' by People mag
- Jennifer Garner to executive produce Bravo's 'All the Pretty Faces'
- William Hurt pulls out of Gregg Allman's biopic 'Midnight Rider'
- Samuel L Jackson asks men to stop being macho over male cancer check-up
TOP VIDEO STORIES