Bob Dylan to be honoured with Presidential Medal of FreedomApr 27, 2:13 pm
London, Apr 27 (ANI): Bob Dylan, who became a figurehead of the US civil rights and anti-war movement of the 1960s, is to be presented with America's highest civilian honour - the Presidential Medal of Freedom.The 70-year-old, who released his first album in 1962, was one of 13 people chosen for the Presidential Medal of Freedom for "significant impact" on American culture over the past five decades.Dylan, who has won 11 Grammys including a lifetime achievement award, will be presented the honour at the White House in the late Spring.The Academy Award winner has written more than 600 songs throughout his career.Other recipients of the award will include Madeleine Albright, the first female Secretary of State, physician and epidemiologist William Foege and astronaut John Glenn."These extraordinary honorees come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, but each of them has made a lasting contribution to the life of our Nation," the Telegraph quoted President Obama as he announced the award recipients on Thursday."They've challenged us, they've inspired us, and they've made the world a better place. I look forward to recognising them with this award," he added. (ANI)
Taylor Swift's 'Shake it Off' video is offensive, says Earl Sweatshirt Aug 20, 5:07 pm
Washington, Aug 20 (ANI): Taylor Swift's recently released video for her new pop single 'Shake it Off' has been denounced as "offensive and ultimately harmful" by the rapper Earl Sweatshirt.Full Story »
I always believe in following my dreams, says Aamir Khan Aug 20, 5:07 pm
New Delhi, Aug 20 (ANI): Aamir Khan has admitted that he always believes in following his dreams.Full Story »
Debbie Reynolds to be honored with lifetime achievement award by SAG Aug 20, 5:07 pm
London, Aug 20 (ANI): The Screen Actors Guild (SAG) has announced that Debbie Reynolds will be given a lifetime achievement award in January 2015.Full Story »
Shilpa Shetty and Sushmita Sen open Lakme Fashion Week 2014 Aug 20, 5:07 pm
New Delhi, Aug 20 (ANI): Bollywood divas Shilpa Shetty and Sushmita Sen walked the ramp in their sensuous outfits on the opening day of Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) in India's showbiz capital Mumbai.Full Story »
- Amber Rose marks 1st anniversary by revealing wedding day snaps
- Are JLo, Casper Smart back together?
- Is RiRi dating Drake again?
- Alexis Arquette admits to having sex with Jared Leto 'while presenting as a man'!
- Benedict Cumberbatch set to voice 'Shere Khan' in 'Jungle Book'
- Petition to rename San Francisco Bridge after Robin Williams backed by 6,000 people
- I had no idea he was suffering, says David Letterman on Robin Williams' death
- Will Kylie Minogue return for 'Neighbours' reunion?
- Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon to end their 6 yrs marriage
- Julia Roberts, Danny Moder to receive 'GLSEN Humanitarian Award'
TOP VIDEO STORIES