'Avengers' scores 2nd-best opening day in U.S. history as it takes in 80m dollarsMay 6, 5:56 pm
Washington, May 6 (ANI): 'The Avengers' raked in 80.5 million dollars in its domestic debut Friday, the second-best haul ever on its opening day.The film featuring a team of Marvel Comics heroes trails only last year's " Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows : Part 2," which took in 91.1 million dollars in its first day on the way to a record weekend of 169.2 million dollars.The huge opening for "The Avengers" launches what's expected to be a colossal summer for Hollywood, whose domestic revenues already were running 14 percent ahead of last year's going into the weekend, CBS News reported.Produced by Disney's Marvel Studios unit, "The Avengers" already is over halfway towards beating the opening weekends of the second and third films on the debut charts.At No. 2 is "The Dark Knight" with 158.4 million dollars in its first three days, while this spring's blockbuster "The Hunger Games" is No. 3 with 152.5 million dollars."The Avengers" opened a week earlier in a number of overseas markets, where it has pulled in blockbuster cash in a matter of days. The film added 30.3 million dollars internationally on Friday, bringing its overseas haul to 334.3 million dollars. Adding in its first-day domestic receipts, "The Avengers" has scaled to a worldwide total of 414.8 million dollars. (ANI)
'Terminator: Genisys' gets 2015 Super Bowl ad spot Jan 30, 5:53 pm
Washington, Jan. 30 (ANI): The most anticipated movie 'Terminator: Genisys' new trailer will be officially unveiled during Super Bowl on February 1st, 2015.Full Story »
Joan Rivers' voice doctor refutes 'abandonment' claims Jan 30, 5:44 pm
Washington, Jan 30 (ANI): The attorney for Joan Rivers' voice doctor Gwen Korovin has denied allegations that she left the room when the comedian went into cardiac arrest.Full Story »
'Star Wars' creator George Lucas has 'no interest' in science fiction Jan 30, 5:34 pm
Washington, Jan 30 (ANI): The 'Star Wars' creator George Lucas has revealed that he really has no interest in science fiction at all.Full Story »
Hilary Swank, Susan Sarandon joins Jessica Biel in 3D animated film 'Spark' Jan 30, 5:34 pm
Washington, Jan. 30 (ANI): Hilary Swank, Susan Sarandon and Jessica Biel will provide their voices in the 3D animated film 'Spark.'Full Story »
- Gwyneth Paltrow's mom admits confusion over 'conscious uncoupling'
- Disney unveils its first Latina Princess, 'Elena of Avalor'
- Dakota Johnson, Leslie Man join cast of New Line's 'How To Be Single'
- Oprah celebrates 61st b'day with Beyonce, Ellen DeGeneres' special wishes
- Cate Blanchett 'goes commando' at AACTA Awards in Australia
- Prosecutor seeking jail time for Li Lo over unfulfilled community service requirements
- Suge Knight linked to Compton fatal hit-and-run, victim dead
- Soon, muggles will be able to board Hogwarts Express from platform 9 3/4 at WB Studio
- Padma Lakshmi jokes about having 'penis' in her bikini bottoms
- And the 'porn Oscar' for Best Celebrity Sex Tape goes to Tila Tequila
TOP VIDEO STORIES