Christopher Reeve inspired search for cure to paralysis, says sonAug 13, 5:47 pm
Melbourne, August 13 (ANI): Former 'Superman' star Christopher Reeve's son has claimed that his famous father's legacy lives on through his foundation, which helps people with spinal cord injuries.The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation funds research and advocate the wellbeing of such people. Matthew Reeve , who is in Australia promoting his father's work towards finding a cure for paralysis, also insisted that his late father would be proud to know that he inspired remarkable advances in spinal cord injury research."I think he would be extremely proud," Courier Mail quoted him as saying."When he became paralysed, spinal cord research was fragmented, uncentralised and uncoordinated. He embraced the role of being champion to that, and under his beacon of leadership, we've united researchers and we've seen some remarkable changes," he said.The US actor became a paraplegic in 1995 after falling from a horse during a cross-country competition. The star died in 2004 from cardiac arrest.Reeve revealed that his second visit to Australia builds on his first trip with his father in 2003, the year before he passed away. (ANI)
I look forward to wrinkles, says Winona Ryder May 21, 5:44 pm
Washington, May 21 (ANI): Winona Ryder is apparently looking forward to growing old and is eagerly awaiting the onset of wrinkles on her face.Full Story »
Cara Delevingne rejects Leonardo DiCaprio May 21, 5:44 pm
Washington, May 21 (ANI): Cara Delevingne reportedly snubbed Leonardo DiCaprio at the after party for his new flick 'The Great Gatsby' in Cannes, last week.Full Story »
I haven't known life to be happier, says Brad Pitt May 21, 5:44 pm
Washington, May 21 (ANI): Brad Pitt has said that he is happier than he has ever been after reducing the number of his friends and concentrating more on his family.Full Story »
Justin Bieber teams up with 'Child Hunger Ends Here' campaign May 21, 5:30 pm
Washington, May 21 (ANI): Justin Bieber surprised the young students of a Las Vegas primary school on Friday after he visited the place to declare that he had partnered up with Child Hunger Ends Here campaign.Full Story »
- Are R-Patz and K-Stew 'allowed to date others'?
- Aziz Ansari gained weight to voice character in 'Epic'
- Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth narrowly escape fire hazard at Cannes
- Justin Bieber booed at award function
- Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber spotted kissing at Billboard Awards
- Veena Malik Promotes 'Zindagi 50-50' by distributing condoms in red light area in Mumbai
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- Celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson's diet plan finds big fan in J.Lo
- Sarah Michelle Gellar reveals excitement on 10th anniversary of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
- R-Patz 'so torn' by K-Stew
TOP VIDEO STORIES