City midfielder Silva says Tevez's absence was felt in Premier League raceApr 14, 5:05 pm
London, Apr 14(ANI): Manchester City David Silva has said the club felt the absence of striker Carlos Tevez during crucial junctures of the Premier League race, and feels the players displayed anxiety at certain stages to drop needless points.During the course of the season City was hit by Mario Balotelli's red-card bans and Tevez's five-month absence after the club suspended him, following his bust-up with manager Roberto Mancini."We have failed in key moments of the season and United have really profited. We've dropped points in games where it was obligatory to win," The Sun quote Silva, as saying."I don't analyze the behavior of team-mates but Carlos and Mario are the main men here. We need them in attack and their absence has been noticed," he added."Their future depends on Roberto Mancini and the club. People speak about inexperience but I think absence s, injuries and our own anxiety have motivated United's rise," he said. (ANI)
'Keen to work in interest of cricket', says Anurag Thakur Mar 2, 5:51 pm
Chennai, Mar. 2 (ANI): The newly-elected BCCI secretary, Anurag Thakur, on Monday thanked the board for giving him an opportunity to serve the prestigious game and added that he would work in the interest of cricket.Full Story »
Musical chairs of BCCI top posts has ruined the game, says Kirti Azad Mar 2, 4:40 pm
New Delhi, Mar. 2 (ANI): Following the return of Jagmohan Dalmiya as Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) president, former cricketer Kirti Azad on Monday said the practice of the top posts in cricket administration being passed around between same people has 'ruined' the game.Full Story »
Pak CWC's most searched team on Google: Study Mar 2, 3:58 pm
Karachi, Mar 02 (ANI): A latest study by global online giant Google has revealed that Pakistan is the most searched team playing in the ongoing Cricket World Cup and the most trending queries Indian fans have are Mohammad Irfan's height and Virat Kohli's hairstyle.Full Story »
Basit Ali not impressed with Pak's 'laboured' win over Zimbabwe in WC tie Mar 2, 3:35 pm
Karachi, Mar 02 (ANI): Former Pakistan batsman Basit Ali has claimed that though Pakistan won the match against Zimbabwe, it was not a great performance from the squad.Full Story »
- Flintoff claims 'life is so much easier' with not having any alcohol
- Why F1 champ Hamilton has '44' on his Merc than No. 1!
- Mudassar Nazar believes Shoaib Akhtar 'merely exaggerating' problems in Pak cricket
- 'Red hot' Starc insists Johnson still Oz's 'pace spearhead'
- Did Clarke just bowl coach Lehmann a googly?
- India only bookies' fourth favourite despite CWC heroics
- Oz suffer another setback in WC campaign as Pat Cummins picks up side strain
- Morgan questioned over never singing 'God Save The Queen'
- England return might be on the cards for KP
- Pellegrini claims Man City will 'never give up' PL title chase despite 1-2 Liverpool loss
TOP VIDEO STORIES