Brit racer Susie Wolff signs up for F1 giant WilliamsApr 14, 5:22 pm
London, Apr 14 (ANI): British female racing driver Susie Wolff has signed up with Williams Formula One team, making her the second woman in recent weeks to join as a development driver. The 29-year-old driver is to take on the training role in the racing team.Wolff's appointment follows team Marussia 's appointment of 32-year-old Spaniard Maria de Villota as a test driver, with the prospect of taking part in the young driver test later this year.She believes her step up could have more wider-ranging benefits."I hope to demonstrate women can play a role at the highest levels of motorsport," the Daily Mail quoted her as saying."I shall be working closely with the team on its social responsibility programme in the areas of education and road safety," she said.F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone also commented on Wolff's arrival. "If Susie is as quick in a car as she looks good out of a car then she will be a massive asset to any team, and on top of that she is very intelligent."I am really looking forward to having her in Formula One," he said. (ANI)
Becks looks hot and hunky in leather for new bike ad Mar 8, 3:04 pm
London, Mar 8 (ANI): David Beckham was spotted looking hot and hunky in a leather jacket while shooting a motorcycle advert in Brazil.Full Story »
'Injury prone' Harris hopes to keep playing until 2015 Ashes tour Mar 8, 3:04 pm
Sydney, Mar. 08 (ANI): Australian pacer Ryan Harris is reportedly hoping to manage his damaged knee in order to play until the 2015 Ashes series.Full Story »
Qatar's 'vagina stadium' architect creates outrage with 'unconcerned with workers' deaths' line Mar 8, 3:04 pm
Washington, Mar 8 (ANI): The architect of the infamous 2022 World Cup stadium in Qatar, which looks like a vagina, has reportedly drawn widespread criticism over her casual statement that she is not concerned by the deaths of the migrant workers in the preparations for the tournament.Full Story »
Paul Simon reveals mystery behind Joe DiMaggio lyric in 'Mrs. Robinson' Mar 8, 3:04 pm
New York, March 8 (ANI): Paul Simon has now revealed that reason behind the 'Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?' lyric in Mrs. Robinson.Full Story »
- 'Match fixer' Cronje may be more admired than Smith by Proteas fans: Report
- Swann says Warner's claims of enjoying sledging 'mere bravado'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes she once had sex with 'dad' O.J. Simpson
- Shakira's says beau Gerard Pique no longer allows her to make vids with men
- Ex-Proteas players urge SA to use De Villiers, Miller in top four in T20s against Oz
- Becks set to promote Jaguar in China
- Moyes insists Van Persie 'settled at United'
- Adidas unveils 'hassle free' football shoe complete with sock!
- 'Quizmaster' Fergie beaten by pub quizzers at England hotel
- Putin opens 2014 Winter Paralympics in 'spectacular' ceremony at Sochi
TOP VIDEO STORIES