Brit racer Susie Wolff signs up for F1 giant WilliamsApr 14, 5:22 pm
London, Apr 14 (ANI): British female racing driver Susie Wolff has signed up with Williams Formula One team, making her the second woman in recent weeks to join as a development driver. The 29-year-old driver is to take on the training role in the racing team.Wolff's appointment follows team Marussia 's appointment of 32-year-old Spaniard Maria de Villota as a test driver, with the prospect of taking part in the young driver test later this year.She believes her step up could have more wider-ranging benefits."I hope to demonstrate women can play a role at the highest levels of motorsport," the Daily Mail quoted her as saying."I shall be working closely with the team on its social responsibility programme in the areas of education and road safety," she said.F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone also commented on Wolff's arrival. "If Susie is as quick in a car as she looks good out of a car then she will be a massive asset to any team, and on top of that she is very intelligent."I am really looking forward to having her in Formula One," he said. (ANI)
9-year-old boy applies for job as Bolton's manager Nov 21, 9:18 am
Bolton (England), Nov. 21 (ANI): With English club Bolton Wanderers currently languishing at the bottom half of the championship table, the club has had an offer tio manage the team from an unusual quarter - nine year old Thomas Fielding.Full Story »
Ivory Coast's Africa Cup of Nations qualification marred by clashes Nov 21, 8:54 am
Abidjan (Ivory Coast), Nov. 21 (ANI): Ivory Coast may have qualified for the African Cup of Nations but their 0-0 draw against Cameroon, which enabled the Les Elephants to enter Africa's elite tournament, was marred by clashes between fans and the police. he match, played at the Felix Houphouet-Boigny Stadium here, was a drab affair, with both teams settling for a draw and the home side passing the ball in their own half for virtually the last 30 minutes.Full Story »
Real boss accidently reveals iconic Bernabeu stadium's new name Nov 20, 4:39 pm
London, November 20 (ANI): Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has accidently revealed the potential new name of the club's iconic Bernabeu stadium as either IPIC Bernabeu or CEPSA Bernabeu.Full Story »
Sarfraz Ahmed's ton leads Pak's fightback against Kiwis Nov 20, 4:20 pm
Dubai, Nov 20 (ANI): Pakistan's wicket-keeper batsman Sarfraz Ahmed hit a splendid ton to help his side get to within ten runs of New Zealand's mammoth first-innings total of 403.Full Story »
- English players make up just over third of time spent on pitch in PL: Study
- F1 Legend Prost criticizes 'double-point reward' at Abu Dhabi title showdown
- Man U planning to fund Ronaldo or Bale purchase by selling Di Maria
- Meet the former Chelsea striker whose cat allergy makes him miss training!
- American golfer feels playing golf in Australia is same like drinking beer with friends
- Meet Messi look-alike Pak leggie Yasir Shah who wants to be the next Warnie!
- Clarke's hamstring injury not 'serious enough' to rule skipper out for entire summer
- Ramiz Raja claims 'banned' Amir's return will expose Pak squad to 'spot fixing virus'
- Michael Phelps' girl pal reveals she was born a boy
- Finch says Oz squad fighting for WC berths has helped team perform better
TOP VIDEO STORIES