PSV midfielder Labyad confirms deal with Sporting PortugalApr 18, 8:29 pm
The Hague, April 18 (Xinhua-ANI): PSV midfielder Zakaria Labyad has reached an agreement with Sporting Portugal, the 19-year-old player confirmed on Wednesday in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.Earlier this month the Portuguese club had already announced that the Moroccan international agreed a five-year deal. "I think Sporting is the right step for me," he said in De Telegraaf. "They work with many talents and I had a good feeling immediately." Labyad's contract at PSV ran out at the end of this season, but PSV lifted the unilateral option to extend the contract until 2014. However, the player disputes the validity of that option and thinks Sporting will take him over on a free transfer.A recent conversation between the father of Labyad, who is also his agent, and PSV last weekend yielded no results. "PSV did not offer me a new proposal to keep me," said Labyad. The players claims PSV wanted to sell him to Benfica, instead of letting him go on a free transfer to Sporting."I was disappointed. PSV wanted to sell me in January already," added Labyad. "But I wanted to stay in Eindhoven. Now PSV wanted to sell me to Benfica, I finally opted for Sporting." Labyad played 41 league matches so far for PSV in which he scored seven goals. He will participate at the Olympic Games in London with Morocco. (Xinhua-ANI)
Real boss accidently reveals iconic Bernabeu stadium's new name Nov 20, 4:39 pm
London, November 20 (ANI): Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has accidently revealed the potential new name of the club's iconic Bernabeu stadium as either IPIC Bernabeu or CEPSA Bernabeu.Full Story »
Sarfraz Ahmed's ton leads Pak's fightback against Kiwis Nov 20, 4:20 pm
Dubai, Nov 20 (ANI): Pakistan's wicket-keeper batsman Sarfraz Ahmed hit a splendid ton to help his side get to within ten runs of New Zealand's mammoth first-innings total of 403.Full Story »
FIFA boss Blatter refuses to publish report on alleged WC corruption bidding Nov 20, 2:39 pm
Johannesburg, November 20 (ANI): FIFA president Sepp Blatter has discarded demand made by the English Football Association (FA) head Greg Dyke to publish the report into the long-standing allegations of corruption surrounding the bidding process for 2018 and 2022 World Cups.Full Story »
English players make up just over third of time spent on pitch in PL: Study Nov 20, 1:25 pm
London, Nov 20 (ANI): A new study has revealed that English players are getting more minutes in the Premier League this season but make up just over a third of the time spent on the pitch.Full Story »
- Man U planning to fund Ronaldo or Bale purchase by selling Di Maria
- Meet the former Chelsea striker whose cat allergy makes him miss training!
- American golfer feels playing golf in Australia is same like drinking beer with friends
- Meet Messi look-alike Pak leggie Yasir Shah who wants to be the next Warnie!
- Clarke's hamstring injury not 'serious enough' to rule skipper out for entire summer
- Ramiz Raja claims 'banned' Amir's return will expose Pak squad to 'spot fixing virus'
- Michael Phelps' girl pal reveals she was born a boy
- Finch says Oz squad fighting for WC berths has helped team perform better
- Messi's father plays down son's 'leaving Barca' comments
- Grosjean to stay with Lotus for next season
TOP VIDEO STORIES