PSV midfielder Labyad confirms deal with Sporting PortugalApr 18, 8:29 pm
The Hague, April 18 (Xinhua-ANI): PSV midfielder Zakaria Labyad has reached an agreement with Sporting Portugal, the 19-year-old player confirmed on Wednesday in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.Earlier this month the Portuguese club had already announced that the Moroccan international agreed a five-year deal. "I think Sporting is the right step for me," he said in De Telegraaf. "They work with many talents and I had a good feeling immediately." Labyad's contract at PSV ran out at the end of this season, but PSV lifted the unilateral option to extend the contract until 2014. However, the player disputes the validity of that option and thinks Sporting will take him over on a free transfer.A recent conversation between the father of Labyad, who is also his agent, and PSV last weekend yielded no results. "PSV did not offer me a new proposal to keep me," said Labyad. The players claims PSV wanted to sell him to Benfica, instead of letting him go on a free transfer to Sporting."I was disappointed. PSV wanted to sell me in January already," added Labyad. "But I wanted to stay in Eindhoven. Now PSV wanted to sell me to Benfica, I finally opted for Sporting." Labyad played 41 league matches so far for PSV in which he scored seven goals. He will participate at the Olympic Games in London with Morocco. (Xinhua-ANI)
Woods moves within three points off lead in WGC-Cadillac Championship Mar 9, 9:07 am
London, Mar 9 (ANI): World number one Tiger Woods has moved within three points off the lead after the penultimate round of the WGC-Cadillac Championship on Saturday by carding eight birdies in a 66.Full Story »
Man U set to announce 'world-record' kit deal with Nike worth 600 mln pounds Mar 9, 9:07 am
London, Mar 9 (ANI): Defending Premier League champions Manchester United is reportedly set to announce a world-record kit deal with American sportswear giant Nike worth more than 600 million pounds.Full Story »
Man U beats 'lowly' West Brom 3-0 in Premier League Mar 9, 9:07 am
London, Mar 9 (ANI): Defending Premier League champions Manchester United has kept their slim hopes of a top-four finish this season alive following a 3-0 win over lowly West Bromwich Albion on Saturday away at The Hawthorns.Full Story »
Arsenal enters FA Cup semis following 4-1 win over Everton Mar 9, 9:07 am
Johannesburg, Mar 9 (ANI): Arsenal has entered the semi-finals of the FA Cup tournament following their 4-1 win over Everton in the quarter-finals on Saturday at the Emirates Stadium.Full Story »
- Sri Lanka wins fifth Asia Cup title following three-wicket win over Pak
- Ashley Cole rebuff's gay rumors with 'strictly chick only' tweet
- Pelligrini says Messi's transfer to City 'just rumours'
- Fans term Moyes' apology letter 'ill timed', demand 'performance'
- Becks looks hot and hunky in leather for new bike ad
- 'Injury prone' Harris hopes to keep playing until 2015 Ashes tour
- Qatar's 'vagina stadium' architect creates outrage with 'unconcerned with workers' deaths' line
- Paul Simon reveals mystery behind Joe DiMaggio lyric in 'Mrs. Robinson'
- Hesson says opening England match to determine how Kiwis fare in World T20
- 'Match fixer' Cronje may be more admired than Smith by Proteas fans: Report
TOP VIDEO STORIES