Lyon to be key Oz bowler to help team fight back in third Test against WindiesApr 24, 11:19 am
Dominica (West Indies), Apr 24(ANI): Australian spinner Nathan Lyon will be the key bowler to help his team fight their way back into the third Test after their batsmen struggled to tackle the West Indies’ spinners.
"He works hard at his game, he knows his game and when he's on he's on. He's a very confident fella and we're looking forward to him out there tomorrow," The Sydney Morning Herald quoted opener David Warner, as saying.
"I don't think it's a wicket that's going to go up and down like it did in Barbados and Trinidad, I think the spin will come into play, as we saw with Shillingford, and [we have] Nathan Lyon in our [attack] and hopefully me and Michael might get a run as well,” Warner added.
Lyon rebounded from an ordinary first Test with a five-wicket haul in Port of Spain last week and the Australians will be looking for him to make a similar impact in Dominica, particularly after they left out Michael Beer from the XI in favour of paceman Mitchell Starc.
- IPL spot-fixing: Mumbai Police in Chennai to quiz BCCI chief's son-in-law Guru Meiyappan
- PSG lures Rooney with 100 mln-dollar-deal
- 'Casual' Khawaja set to prove critics wrong with 'worthy' performance in Ashes
- Clarke 'not worried' by England's 'winning' performance against Kiwis in first Test
- Oz pace battery 'fired up' to snatch back Ashes urn from England
- 'Contrite' Garcia apologises to Wood over 'fried chicken' jibe following 'feared' sponsor withdrawal
- Oz girls' team coach says more women to pursue cricket career following pay rise
- CA chief Sutherland says IPL 'not a concern' for Oz Ashes bid
- 'Angered' Harris calls for ban on 'crooked' spot-fixing players for turning cricket into 'joke'
- Kiwi keeper Watling ruled out of Headingley Test with knee injury