Torres finally justifies his Â£50 million tag with 'priceless' goal against BarcaApr 25, 11:40 am
London, Apr 25 (ANI): Chelsea striker Fernando Torres took his team to victory after scoring a 'priceless' goal against Barcelona in a Champion's League semi-final on Thursday."We have great respect for Barcelona because we know they are the best in the world. For those Chelsea players who lost three years ago [in the semi-final] it is a sure way to get even. For those of us who weren't there, it is the last step towards a Champions League final," a proud Torres told The Telegraph.The Spaniard lived upto his 50 million pound price tag after he dramatically slid the ball past his legs, giving the sight of an astonishing passage of play."The best team doesn't always win," Torres declared.Torres had initially failed to track Javier Mascherano's run, allowing Barcelona to almost score the goal. However, as Barcelona howled for a non-existent handball, the ball was pumped up to Torres and with half the pitch in front of him he ran through on Valdes, scoring a goal that helped Chelsea emerge victorious. Torres also claimed that the year still might end up being 'memorable' for the club as they qualified for two finals, and said that "we will continue fighting to get fourth place in the Premier League." (ANI)
PCB denies 'cold-shouldering Latif due to England pressure' report Apr 23, 3:44 pm
Karachi, Apr 23 (ANI): The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has reportedly denied the report that board is not urging Rashid Latif to change his decision of declining the chief selector's job because the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is pressurizing to keep banned Test leg-spinner Danish Kaneria out of cricket.Full Story »
Messi, Neymar join 1D star Niall Horan's fan club Apr 23, 3:44 pm
London, Apr. 23 (ANI): Barcelona strikers Lionel Messi and Neymar Jr. reportedly appear to have joined One Direction star Niall Horan fan club as they posed for selfies with the singer during his visit to the Spanish City.Full Story »
CSA considering four contenders to handle Proteas' Test reins Apr 23, 3:21 pm
Johannesburg, Apr. 23 (ANI): Cricket South Africa (CSA) is reportedly considering four contenders to handle the reins of their Test team for filling the massive vacancy left by former national Test captain Graeme Smith.Full Story »
'Bad boy' Ryder to finally see some cricket action courtesy Essex stint Apr 23, 2:55 pm
Johannesburg, Apr. 23 (ANI): English county cricket side Essex has reportedly signed New Zealand all-rounder Jesse Ryder as their overseas player for their domestic season despite his bad boy image.Full Story »
- Is this the greatest basketball hoop ever?
- Kate Upton has been cheated on too!
- Peter Moores 'most unsuccessful coach in modern era of English cricket': Report
- Meet the own goal scoring defender who was removed from field for excess sobbing!
- Mourinho to play `weakened` Chelsea squad at Liverpool to prepare for CL `crunch` tie with Atletico
- Djokovic plays down fears of missing French Open due to wrist injury
- Kate Upton struggles to contain cleavage while avoiding wardrobe malfunction
- Ex-Man U skipper Roy Keane blames 'non-performing' current squad for Moyes' axing
- Ex-Man U star Gary Neville feels Moyes should have been given more time
- Guardiola says Moyes' sacking in line with modern cut-throat nature of football
TOP VIDEO STORIES