Lampard hails Chelsea's 'unbelievable' spirit after beating Barca to reach CL finalApr 25, 3:36 pm
London, Apr 25(ANI): Chelsea veteran Frank Lampard has hailed his team's unbelievable spirit against Barcelona during the second leg of the Champions Leg semifinal at Nou Camp, which saw the Blues proceed to the final in Munich with a 2-2 draw on the night and an aggregate win of 3-2.Things looked disaster-prone for Chelsea when they were trailing Barca 2-0 and were reduced to ten men with captain John Terry getting sent off in the first half.But a first half goal by Brazilian Ramires and an injury time goal by the often-criticized Fernando Torres sealed an incredible result for the Blues, and Lampard believes this moment is as good as it can get."It's one of the finest moments in a Chelsea shirt. I know people want to see beautiful football but with 10 men to play for 50 minutes and to be 2-0 down here and to perform like that - what spirit - unbelievable," The Daily Mirror quoted Lampard, as saying.That clock wasn't half slow in the second half. There was a determination about us and you get what you deserve and we were all in it together today. And what a fantastic result," he added.Of course, Chelsea people have a lot of love and respect for Jose Mourinho but we are just delighted to go through," he said. (ANI)
9-year-old boy applies for job as Bolton's manager Nov 21, 9:18 am
Bolton (England), Nov. 21 (ANI): With English club Bolton Wanderers currently languishing at the bottom half of the championship table, the club has had an offer tio manage the team from an unusual quarter - nine year old Thomas Fielding.Full Story »
Ivory Coast's Africa Cup of Nations qualification marred by clashes Nov 21, 8:54 am
Abidjan (Ivory Coast), Nov. 21 (ANI): Ivory Coast may have qualified for the African Cup of Nations but their 0-0 draw against Cameroon, which enabled the Les Elephants to enter Africa's elite tournament, was marred by clashes between fans and the police. he match, played at the Felix Houphouet-Boigny Stadium here, was a drab affair, with both teams settling for a draw and the home side passing the ball in their own half for virtually the last 30 minutes.Full Story »
Real boss accidently reveals iconic Bernabeu stadium's new name Nov 20, 4:39 pm
London, November 20 (ANI): Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has accidently revealed the potential new name of the club's iconic Bernabeu stadium as either IPIC Bernabeu or CEPSA Bernabeu.Full Story »
Sarfraz Ahmed's ton leads Pak's fightback against Kiwis Nov 20, 4:20 pm
Dubai, Nov 20 (ANI): Pakistan's wicket-keeper batsman Sarfraz Ahmed hit a splendid ton to help his side get to within ten runs of New Zealand's mammoth first-innings total of 403.Full Story »
- English players make up just over third of time spent on pitch in PL: Study
- F1 Legend Prost criticizes 'double-point reward' at Abu Dhabi title showdown
- Man U planning to fund Ronaldo or Bale purchase by selling Di Maria
- Meet the former Chelsea striker whose cat allergy makes him miss training!
- American golfer feels playing golf in Australia is same like drinking beer with friends
- Meet Messi look-alike Pak leggie Yasir Shah who wants to be the next Warnie!
- Clarke's hamstring injury not 'serious enough' to rule skipper out for entire summer
- Ramiz Raja claims 'banned' Amir's return will expose Pak squad to 'spot fixing virus'
- Michael Phelps' girl pal reveals she was born a boy
- Finch says Oz squad fighting for WC berths has helped team perform better
TOP VIDEO STORIES