Yousuf must play in domestic cricket before contemplating national team comebackApr 26, 4:35 pm
Islamabad, Apr 26(ANI): Pakistan's chief selector Iqbal Qasim has said veteran batsman Mohammad Yousuf has to play domestic matches to be considered for national selection. Yousuf took a fitness test at the National Cricket Academy on Tuesday in attempt to revive his international career."Yousuf has appeared in the fitness tests and that is good. It is a good sign that he is practicing again, but our criteria is clear. Players, even if they are seniors, must appear in domestic cricket matches to be considered for selection," The Daily Times quoted Qasim, as saying.Qasim insisted that the criteria for selecting players remained their form and fitness in domestic cricket."We have to see how much domestic cricket he has played," Qasim said.Yousuf didn't play in the last domestic season, although he appeared in the National T20 Super Eights event held in Faisalabad last year in July-August. Yousuf, whose inter national career came to a halt in November 2010, took fitness test along with seven other players including Umar Akmal, Sohail Tanvir, Aizaz Cheema, Kamran Akmal. (ANI)
Musical chairs of BCCI top posts has ruined the game, says Kirti Azad Mar 2, 4:40 pm
New Delhi, Mar. 2 (ANI): Following the return of Jagmohan Dalmiya as Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) president, former cricketer Kirti Azad on Monday said the practice of the top posts in cricket administration being passed around between same people has 'ruined' the game.Full Story »
Pak CWC's most searched team on Google: Study Mar 2, 3:58 pm
Karachi, Mar 02 (ANI): A latest study by global online giant Google has revealed that Pakistan is the most searched team playing in the ongoing Cricket World Cup and the most trending queries Indian fans have are Mohammad Irfan's height and Virat Kohli's hairstyle.Full Story »
Basit Ali not impressed with Pak's 'laboured' win over Zimbabwe in WC tie Mar 2, 3:35 pm
Karachi, Mar 02 (ANI): Former Pakistan batsman Basit Ali has claimed that though Pakistan won the match against Zimbabwe, it was not a great performance from the squad.Full Story »
Fans flaunt 'Go Ko' tees as Lydia Ko reclaims New Zealand Open title Mar 2, 3:35 pm
Wellington, Mar 02 (ANI): 'Go Ko' was the slogan to be seen and heard everywhere as teenaged South Korea-born New Zealand golf prodigy Lydia Ko beat Australian amateur Hannah Green by four shots to reclaim her New Zealand Open title at a packed Christchurch's Clearwater golf club on Sunday.Full Story »
- Why F1 champ Hamilton has '44' on his Merc than No. 1!
- Mudassar Nazar believes Shoaib Akhtar 'merely exaggerating' problems in Pak cricket
- 'Red hot' Starc insists Johnson still Oz's 'pace spearhead'
- Did Clarke just bowl coach Lehmann a googly?
- India only bookies' fourth favourite despite CWC heroics
- Oz suffer another setback in WC campaign as Pat Cummins picks up side strain
- Morgan questioned over never singing 'God Save The Queen'
- England return might be on the cards for KP
- Pellegrini claims Man City will 'never give up' PL title chase despite 1-2 Liverpool loss
- 'Independent Scotland' supporter Murray terms anti-English accusations 'nonsense'
TOP VIDEO STORIES