Mancini says Man City will win PL title next year if they fail this seasonApr 27, 4:56 pm
London, Apr 27(ANI): Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has said his team would certainly win the Premier League title next season even if they fail to catch old foes Manchester United this season.City can claim top spot and move to within two victories of the title if they defeat Manchester United at the Etihad on Monday.City's strong performances in last few games have also eased the pressure off Mancini, whose future came under question marks when United pipped them to take an eight-point lead over them.But Mancini remains confident that he would be at the helm next season to guide City to their first league title since 1968.I have one year left on my contract, but I am not worried about it. The chairman Khaldoon [al Mubarak] and the owner Sheikh Mansour are serious people."One victory or defeat is not going to change things. We have set a project in place and we respect that," The Telegraph quoted Mancini, as saying."After that, in football, anything can change, but I have an excellent relationship with Khaldoon and we speak several times a week. He likes to know all about the team, the players. We are improving. We have played very well and we were top for 28 games," he added."If Manchester City do not win the league this season, we will win it next season and we will be successful in the future years," he said. (ANI)
McIlroy sets target on 'Green Jacket' after trophy-laden 2014 season Nov 24, 5:55 pm
Wellington, Nov 24 (ANI): Northern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy is eyeing the 'Green Jacket' in 2015 after he picked up the European money list trophy for the second time in three seasons on Sunday.Full Story »
Merc chief Wolff says Rosberg will 'bounce back' stronger in next year's F1 season Nov 24, 4:59 pm
Wellington, Nov 24 (ANI): Mercedes Benz team chief Toto Wolff has predicted that their racer Nico Rosberg would bounce back stronger next year from his Abu Dhabi defeat by teammate Lewis Hamilton in Sunday's Formula One title showdown.Full Story »
'Unselectable' Finn claims last year's Ashes drubbing spurred him to become 'selectable' again Nov 24, 4:58 pm
London, Nov 24 (ANI): England paceman Steven Finn has revealed that the 'unselectable' tag he earned during last winter's Ashes drubbing has spurred him on and motivated him to become selectable again.Full Story »
Ramprakash tells 'underdogs' England batsmen to 'release shackles' ahead of WC Nov 24, 4:40 pm
London, Nov 24 (ANI): England cricket team batting coach Mark Ramprakash has told the batsmen to release the shackles and play as underdogs to help produce a mentality of no-fear in the World Cup.Full Story »
- Only person who can save Gazza from booze is Gazza!
- Norwegian ace Carlsen beats Indian grandmaster Anand to retain World Chess Championship title
- Haddin brands Suburbs' declaring innings at 0-17 to help Clarke bat on day 2 as 'match fixing'
- Clarke, Watson cut down asking price of luxurious Sutherland Shire homes
- Alonso admits was difficult to cope with emotions of final race for Ferrari at Abu Dhabi
- Button says his late father John would be furious over Briton's 'uncertain future' in F1
- Pacquiao targets boxing showdown with Mayweather post retaining welterweight title
- 'Banned' Pak ace offspinner Ajmal eyeing WC return
- Fighter Tony Bellew to star in Rocky spin-off 'Creed'
- Clarke named in Oz squad for first Test against India
TOP VIDEO STORIES