Kompany wants City to clinch Premier League crown after 44 yearsMay 1, 11:42 am
London, May 1(ANI): Manchester City skipper Vincent Kompany wants his team to clinch the Premier League crown after a gap of 44 years."I am buzzing. We have been waiting for this moment. We know it's far from over, but we've given our fans two wins over United. We have to finish it off. I hope we can do it in the two games we have left. Everybody wants it so bad. Somebody texted me to say I was going to score. I thought he was a lunatic!" The Sun quoted Kompany, as saying.His statement came after both City and United are level on the points table, but the former have a superior goal difference in the ongoing Premier League tournament. United boss Alex Ferguson admitted that it gives the 'noisy neighbours' the upper hand."They are in the driving seat. It's not over yet. But they have an eight-goal advantage. That is a big advantage at this time of the season," he added.City chief Mancini, whose side go to Newcastle on Sunday, said: "We deserved to win. We scored and played well. They did not have a scoring chance." (ANI)
McIlroy sets target on 'Green Jacket' after trophy-laden 2014 season Nov 24, 5:55 pm
Wellington, Nov 24 (ANI): Northern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy is eyeing the 'Green Jacket' in 2015 after he picked up the European money list trophy for the second time in three seasons on Sunday.Full Story »
Merc chief Wolff says Rosberg will 'bounce back' stronger in next year's F1 season Nov 24, 4:59 pm
Wellington, Nov 24 (ANI): Mercedes Benz team chief Toto Wolff has predicted that their racer Nico Rosberg would bounce back stronger next year from his Abu Dhabi defeat by teammate Lewis Hamilton in Sunday's Formula One title showdown.Full Story »
'Unselectable' Finn claims last year's Ashes drubbing spurred him to become 'selectable' again Nov 24, 4:58 pm
London, Nov 24 (ANI): England paceman Steven Finn has revealed that the 'unselectable' tag he earned during last winter's Ashes drubbing has spurred him on and motivated him to become selectable again.Full Story »
Ramprakash tells 'underdogs' England batsmen to 'release shackles' ahead of WC Nov 24, 4:40 pm
London, Nov 24 (ANI): England cricket team batting coach Mark Ramprakash has told the batsmen to release the shackles and play as underdogs to help produce a mentality of no-fear in the World Cup.Full Story »
- Only person who can save Gazza from booze is Gazza!
- Norwegian ace Carlsen beats Indian grandmaster Anand to retain World Chess Championship title
- Haddin brands Suburbs' declaring innings at 0-17 to help Clarke bat on day 2 as 'match fixing'
- Clarke, Watson cut down asking price of luxurious Sutherland Shire homes
- Alonso admits was difficult to cope with emotions of final race for Ferrari at Abu Dhabi
- Button says his late father John would be furious over Briton's 'uncertain future' in F1
- Pacquiao targets boxing showdown with Mayweather post retaining welterweight title
- 'Banned' Pak ace offspinner Ajmal eyeing WC return
- Fighter Tony Bellew to star in Rocky spin-off 'Creed'
- Clarke named in Oz squad for first Test against India
TOP VIDEO STORIES