Oz coach Arthur backs Ponting to play in 2013 Ashes seriesMay 1, 3:46 pm
Melbourne, May 1(ANI): Australian coach Mickey Arthur has endorsed former skipper Ricky Ponting's bid to play in the 2013 Ashes series in England."I know there was a lot of media pressure around Ricky, but Ricky is not going anywhere. We're hoping that Ricky is scoring enough runs to go to the Ashes. Ricky is in no way considering retirement. I wouldn't have thought from my conversations with him," The Herald Sun quoted Arthur, as saying.His statement came after Ponting's performance had come under the scanner following a lukewarm West Indies Test tour that yielded just 146 runs at an average of 24.33.Arthur also backed veteran wicketkeeper Brad Haddin, who pulled out of the West Indies tour for family reason, to regain his place in the squad despite Wade's impressive debut series.He said he also expected young pace duo James Pattinson and Patrick Cummins to be fit and available for selection for the one-day series against England."It was pretty disappointing not having him over the summer considering how he started so I'm really looking forward to having him back. It's pretty mouth-watering when you've got some of those bowlers coming back into our set-up," he said. (ANI)
McIlroy sets target on 'Green Jacket' after trophy-laden 2014 season Nov 24, 5:55 pm
Wellington, Nov 24 (ANI): Northern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy is eyeing the 'Green Jacket' in 2015 after he picked up the European money list trophy for the second time in three seasons on Sunday.Full Story »
Merc chief Wolff says Rosberg will 'bounce back' stronger in next year's F1 season Nov 24, 4:59 pm
Wellington, Nov 24 (ANI): Mercedes Benz team chief Toto Wolff has predicted that their racer Nico Rosberg would bounce back stronger next year from his Abu Dhabi defeat by teammate Lewis Hamilton in Sunday's Formula One title showdown.Full Story »
'Unselectable' Finn claims last year's Ashes drubbing spurred him to become 'selectable' again Nov 24, 4:58 pm
London, Nov 24 (ANI): England paceman Steven Finn has revealed that the 'unselectable' tag he earned during last winter's Ashes drubbing has spurred him on and motivated him to become selectable again.Full Story »
Ramprakash tells 'underdogs' England batsmen to 'release shackles' ahead of WC Nov 24, 4:40 pm
London, Nov 24 (ANI): England cricket team batting coach Mark Ramprakash has told the batsmen to release the shackles and play as underdogs to help produce a mentality of no-fear in the World Cup.Full Story »
- Only person who can save Gazza from booze is Gazza!
- Norwegian ace Carlsen beats Indian grandmaster Anand to retain World Chess Championship title
- Haddin brands Suburbs' declaring innings at 0-17 to help Clarke bat on day 2 as 'match fixing'
- Clarke, Watson cut down asking price of luxurious Sutherland Shire homes
- Alonso admits was difficult to cope with emotions of final race for Ferrari at Abu Dhabi
- Button says his late father John would be furious over Briton's 'uncertain future' in F1
- Pacquiao targets boxing showdown with Mayweather post retaining welterweight title
- 'Banned' Pak ace offspinner Ajmal eyeing WC return
- Fighter Tony Bellew to star in Rocky spin-off 'Creed'
- Clarke named in Oz squad for first Test against India
TOP VIDEO STORIES