Umar Akmal says needs to bat higher up order to achieve elusive ODI tonMay 1, 4:58 pm
Lahore, May 1(ANI): Pakistan cricketer Umar Akmal has said he needs to bat higher up the order to convert his double figures scores into triple scores in one day matches. "It's a matter of the batting order that I'm not able to score a hundred. When I am batting down the order, sometimes I have to bat in a crisis when the top order has stumbled and sometimes I get fewer overs to bat," The Daily Times quoted Akmal, as saying."If I play at the top of the order, mainly at No. 4, then it would be easy for me to extend my innings and convert my 30-40 odd scores to a hefty innings. I am doing all the necessary training with the coaches in the Academy and playing club matches to apply my learning. I am building myself to get ready for the Sri Lanka series where I had a wonderful debut. I am setting my target to be the man of the series," he added.His comments came after he scored his only one-day international hundred three years back in Sri Lanka and is now getting ready to break the two-figure duck when Pakistan play their next series in June. Umar has played 63 ODIs and 16 Tests so far for Pakistan. (ANI)
'Keen to work in interest of cricket', says Anurag Thakur Mar 2, 5:51 pm
Chennai, Mar. 2 (ANI): The newly-elected BCCI secretary, Anurag Thakur, on Monday thanked the board for giving him an opportunity to serve the prestigious game and added that he would work in the interest of cricket.Full Story »
Musical chairs of BCCI top posts has ruined the game, says Kirti Azad Mar 2, 4:40 pm
New Delhi, Mar. 2 (ANI): Following the return of Jagmohan Dalmiya as Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) president, former cricketer Kirti Azad on Monday said the practice of the top posts in cricket administration being passed around between same people has 'ruined' the game.Full Story »
Pak CWC's most searched team on Google: Study Mar 2, 3:58 pm
Karachi, Mar 02 (ANI): A latest study by global online giant Google has revealed that Pakistan is the most searched team playing in the ongoing Cricket World Cup and the most trending queries Indian fans have are Mohammad Irfan's height and Virat Kohli's hairstyle.Full Story »
Basit Ali not impressed with Pak's 'laboured' win over Zimbabwe in WC tie Mar 2, 3:35 pm
Karachi, Mar 02 (ANI): Former Pakistan batsman Basit Ali has claimed that though Pakistan won the match against Zimbabwe, it was not a great performance from the squad.Full Story »
- Flintoff claims 'life is so much easier' with not having any alcohol
- Why F1 champ Hamilton has '44' on his Merc than No. 1!
- Mudassar Nazar believes Shoaib Akhtar 'merely exaggerating' problems in Pak cricket
- 'Red hot' Starc insists Johnson still Oz's 'pace spearhead'
- Did Clarke just bowl coach Lehmann a googly?
- India only bookies' fourth favourite despite CWC heroics
- Oz suffer another setback in WC campaign as Pat Cummins picks up side strain
- Morgan questioned over never singing 'God Save The Queen'
- England return might be on the cards for KP
- Pellegrini claims Man City will 'never give up' PL title chase despite 1-2 Liverpool loss
TOP VIDEO STORIES