Ferguson admits Man City's 6-1 defeat of Man U could cost Premier League titleMay 6, 4:16 pm
London, May 6(ANI): Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has confessed that their 6-1 hammering at the hands of Manchester City at Old Trafford this season could cost them the Premier League title, if both teams win their remaining two fixtures.Ferguson has questioned his team's defending in the last three minutes of the Manchester derby, during three goals were conceded.United were losing 3-1 after 89 minutes, but then two goals from Edin Dzeko and another from David Silva turned it into a 6-1 thumping. United and City are neck and neck at the top with two to play, but Roberto Mancini's men have an eight-goal advantage over their neighbors, and Ferguson believes losing the title on goal-difference could be the worst thing to happen in his entire professional career."Yes, that's maybe right. The opportunities we get in games - we are frivolous with these things," The Sun quoted Ferguson, as saying."It looks as though we'll lose the league on goal difference. You have to look at that game where we lost three goals in the last three minutes to City. That's a goal difference swing of six. And that 4-4 game with Everton was crazy, stupid," he added. (ANI)
Pak beat Lanka by four wickets in first ODI Aug 23, 8:09 pm
Colombo, Aug 23 (ANI): All-rounders Fawad Alam and Shoaib Maqsood kept Pakistan going steady after a fall of five wickets to steer their side to victory against Sri Lanka by four wickets and one ball remaining in the first ODI.Full Story »
Pak lose five early wickets chasing Lanka's 275 in first ODI Aug 23, 6:31 pm
Colombo, Aug 23 (ANI): Pakistan struggle in their first ODI against the Sri Lankan bowlers while chasing the hosts' 275 with just five wickets remaining at the Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium in Hambantota.Full Story »
Harris says India may face 'brutal summer' from 'Johnson and company' during Oz tour Aug 23, 4:17 pm
Karachi, Aug 23 (ANI): With three months still left to go ahead of India's tour to Australia, pacer Ryan Harris has said that the hosts would not tone down their aggression and the visiting squad might face a brutal summer from Mitchell Johnson and company in the series in December.Full Story »
'Upset' Kellie wants to change back her sex and be Frank Maloney again Aug 23, 3:42 pm
London, Aug 23 (ANI): Kellie Maloney, who was earlier known as Frank Maloney before changing sex to live as a woman, has admitted that she is ready to return to her previous male gender and identity of tough-talking boxing promoter.Full Story »
- Merc boss says Hamilton-Rosberg needed 'caressing, hard words' to soothe frayed nerves
- Van Gaal asks Man U fans to keep faith after opening PL fixture home loss
- Farah brands 2014 as 'toughest year of career', says will focus on track until Rio
- Daniel Sturridge in search of 'ambitious lady with inner beauty'
- Cheryl Cole reveals she still 'doesn't like Louis Walsh'
- When Djokovic was floored by ice hockey ace on tennis court!
- Venus Williams says Caroline Wozniacki going from strength to strength
- Pellegrini says Liverpool were unable to deal with pressure in PL title race last year
- Hamilton takes on ALS Ice Bucket Challenge ahead of Belgium GP
- QPR boss offers 'troubled' Gazza to coach budding footballers
TOP VIDEO STORIES