Ferguson admits Man City's 6-1 defeat of Man U could cost Premier League titleMay 6, 4:16 pm
London, May 6(ANI): Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has confessed that their 6-1 hammering at the hands of Manchester City at Old Trafford this season could cost them the Premier League title, if both teams win their remaining two fixtures.Ferguson has questioned his team's defending in the last three minutes of the Manchester derby, during three goals were conceded.United were losing 3-1 after 89 minutes, but then two goals from Edin Dzeko and another from David Silva turned it into a 6-1 thumping. United and City are neck and neck at the top with two to play, but Roberto Mancini's men have an eight-goal advantage over their neighbors, and Ferguson believes losing the title on goal-difference could be the worst thing to happen in his entire professional career."Yes, that's maybe right. The opportunities we get in games - we are frivolous with these things," The Sun quoted Ferguson, as saying."It looks as though we'll lose the league on goal difference. You have to look at that game where we lost three goals in the last three minutes to City. That's a goal difference swing of six. And that 4-4 game with Everton was crazy, stupid," he added. (ANI)
McIlroy sets target on 'Green Jacket' after trophy-laden 2014 season Nov 24, 5:55 pm
Wellington, Nov 24 (ANI): Northern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy is eyeing the 'Green Jacket' in 2015 after he picked up the European money list trophy for the second time in three seasons on Sunday.Full Story »
Merc chief Wolff says Rosberg will 'bounce back' stronger in next year's F1 season Nov 24, 4:59 pm
Wellington, Nov 24 (ANI): Mercedes Benz team chief Toto Wolff has predicted that their racer Nico Rosberg would bounce back stronger next year from his Abu Dhabi defeat by teammate Lewis Hamilton in Sunday's Formula One title showdown.Full Story »
'Unselectable' Finn claims last year's Ashes drubbing spurred him to become 'selectable' again Nov 24, 4:58 pm
London, Nov 24 (ANI): England paceman Steven Finn has revealed that the 'unselectable' tag he earned during last winter's Ashes drubbing has spurred him on and motivated him to become selectable again.Full Story »
Ramprakash tells 'underdogs' England batsmen to 'release shackles' ahead of WC Nov 24, 4:40 pm
London, Nov 24 (ANI): England cricket team batting coach Mark Ramprakash has told the batsmen to release the shackles and play as underdogs to help produce a mentality of no-fear in the World Cup.Full Story »
- Only person who can save Gazza from booze is Gazza!
- Norwegian ace Carlsen beats Indian grandmaster Anand to retain World Chess Championship title
- Haddin brands Suburbs' declaring innings at 0-17 to help Clarke bat on day 2 as 'match fixing'
- Clarke, Watson cut down asking price of luxurious Sutherland Shire homes
- Alonso admits was difficult to cope with emotions of final race for Ferrari at Abu Dhabi
- Button says his late father John would be furious over Briton's 'uncertain future' in F1
- Pacquiao targets boxing showdown with Mayweather post retaining welterweight title
- 'Banned' Pak ace offspinner Ajmal eyeing WC return
- Fighter Tony Bellew to star in Rocky spin-off 'Creed'
- Clarke named in Oz squad for first Test against India
TOP VIDEO STORIES