Argentine Foreign Minister refuses to apologise for Falklands Islands Olympic advertMay 7, 12:30 pm
Buenos Aires, May 7 (ANI): Argentina's Foreign Minister, Hector Timerman, has refused to apologise for the advert that shows Olympic hopeful Fernando Zylberberg training on "Argentine soil" in the Falkland Islands.He rather launched an attack on UK Defence Secretary Phillip Hammond, saying, "Mr. Hammond should know that the world is safer when we use our creativity, rather than bomb civilians in sovereign countries."The advert shows Zylberberg, an Argentine hockey player, preparing in Stanley for the upcoming Olympics, followed by a slogan "To compete on English soil, we train on Argentine soil."Despite a request from WPP, the British agency, of pulling the advert, to the Argentinean Young and Rubicam, responsible for creating the advert, the Argentine government has said that they will continue to broadcast it.According to The Telegraph, Timerman, who took Argentina's sovereignty claim to the Falklands to the UN, has criticised Britain's "militarisation" of the South Atlantic, and added that Hammond is an "adversary of whom to be fearful"."I imagine that, since he assumed his role as Defence Secretary, Mr Hammond has been so busy controlling the many British soldiers at war that he has not had time to read Margaret Atwood, born in one of his," he said.Martin Mercado, Creative Director of Y and R Argentina, claimed that now the agency cannot ask for the advert to be pulled as it belonged to the Argentine government."The idea was that an Argentine athlete went to train on what, for us, is Argentine soil," he said. (ANI)
Ashley Cole rebuff's gay rumors with 'strictly chick only' tweet Mar 8, 5:00 pm
London, Mar. 08 (ANI): England ace Ashley Cole has reportedly been forced to tell fans that he is 'strictly chicks only' as top football stars were being name-checked worldwide as 'possibles'.Full Story »
Pelligrini says Messi's transfer to City 'just rumours' Mar 8, 5:00 pm
London, Mar. 08 (ANI): Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has dismissed suggestions of securing Barcelona striker Lionel Messi and said that they are 'just rumours'Full Story »
Fans term Moyes' apology letter 'ill timed', demand 'performance' Mar 8, 5:00 pm
London, Mar. 08 (ANI): Manchester United fans have warned under-fire Scot David Moyes that he must turn around the club's fortunes, in response to a letter he wrote to the fans apologizing for United's poor show.Full Story »
Becks looks hot and hunky in leather for new bike ad Mar 8, 3:04 pm
London, Mar 8 (ANI): David Beckham was spotted looking hot and hunky in a leather jacket while shooting a motorcycle advert in Brazil.Full Story »
- Qatar's 'vagina stadium' architect creates outrage with 'unconcerned with workers' deaths' line
- Paul Simon reveals mystery behind Joe DiMaggio lyric in 'Mrs. Robinson'
- Hesson says opening England match to determine how Kiwis fare in World T20
- 'Match fixer' Cronje may be more admired than Smith by Proteas fans: Report
- Swann says Warner's claims of enjoying sledging 'mere bravado'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes she once had sex with 'dad' O.J. Simpson
- Shakira's says beau Gerard Pique no longer allows her to make vids with men
- Ex-Proteas players urge SA to use De Villiers, Miller in top four in T20s against Oz
- Becks set to promote Jaguar in China
- Moyes insists Van Persie 'settled at United'
TOP VIDEO STORIES