Impasse between CA and Oz cricketers over new pay deal set to end soonJun 19, 1:46 pm
Sydney, June 19(ANI): Cricket Australia (CA) and its players are likely to break their deadlock over a new pay deal, with both parties set to announce a new pact.CA and the Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) expressed optimism on Monday over a new deal, which could be signed by the end of the week.The number of CA-contracted players is believed to be 18, as it was agreed upon early in negotiations but both sides were not in agreement over the terms of the performance-based model, according to reports.Another sticking point was the definition of which funds should be included in the Australian cricket revenue stream - of which the players currently get a 26 per cent share. Both parties were in dispute over the share of proceeds generated by a proposed building redevelopment at the WACA Ground. The remaining differences are believed to be only minor.ACA chief Paul Marsh has prepared a video presentation to send to his members this week."They will view that and see a copy of key deal points and ask them to vote electronically," The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Marsh, as saying.A resolution will pave the way for CA to announce their contracted players for the next 12 months and allow states to finalize their playing list. (ANI)
Winning Ashes is just 'the beginning' for Oz, says Clarke Dec 19, 1:43 pm
Sydney, Dec 19 (ANI): Australian captain Michael Clarke has said that winning the Ashes is just the beginning for them as they cannot be simply satisfied with reclaiming the urn from their arch-rivals England.Full Story »
Clarke advises Oz youngsters to learn from Watson's `team-first` approach in Perth Test Dec 19, 1:15 pm
Sydney, Dec 19 (ANI): Australian captain Michael Clarke has hailed his former deputy Shane Watson's team-first approach in the Perth Test and described him as an example to young players.Full Story »
CA chief hails Lehmann for 'turning the ship round' from disastrous summer Ashes Dec 19, 1:14 pm
Sydney, Dec 19 (ANI): Cricket Australia (CA) chief James Sutherland has commended national coach Darren Lehmann for 'turning the ship around' after the disastrous start to the summer Ashes series in England and praised his belief during the country's darkest cricketing hour.Full Story »
Pellegrini advises City to maintain 'aggressive' attack despite 'easy' entry in League Cup semis Dec 19, 1:14 pm
London, Dec 19 (ANI): Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has advised his team to maintain their attack and do not let up as he targets glory on all fronts with his free-scoring side.Full Story »
- Windies keep series alive after fighting hard on Day 1 of deciding Hamilton Test
- Shane Warne's ex-girlfriend visits him post Liz Hurley split
- Khloe Kardashian says divorce from Lamar Odom has been 'heartbreaking'
- David Warner's girlfriend goes topless for Maxim mag
- Podolski aka the Hulk leads Gunners' fancy dress Christmas party!
- Flower determined to make England 'turnaround' in Boxing Day Test
- Barca's 2009 Champions League success caused baby boom in Catalonia!
- Hamman says Suarez must understand Liverpool commitment before signing 'new contract'
- Ex-cycling head denies Lance Armstrong's 'positive drug test' cover-up claim
- Lewandowski expresses desire to join Bayern Munich in 2014
TOP VIDEO STORIES