Adebayor unhappy with Tottenham wage offerJul 20, 3:03 pm
The striker, 28, is unhappy at being asked to take a three million pound-a-year pay cut to join Tottenham.
A close pal confirmed: "Manu is digging his heels in, and I don't think this is going to be sorted any time soon. He's the sort of guy who will see out his contract, rather than cave in."
The two clubs agreed to a six million pound deal last week but Adebayor, who last played for City in December 2010, is stalling on the move because of the huge gulf in wages, The Sun reports.
City paid Arsenal 25 million pounds for Adebayor in 2009 and he still has two years left on his 175,000 pound -a-week contract at the Etihad. (ANI)
- ACC report warns of increasing illicit drug abuse in professional sports
- PCB chief assures complete cooperation to curb cricket corruption
- Pak media says team to experience 'lack of warmth' in Champions Trophy with Gul's absence
- Tiger Woods and new girlfriend party at poker charity bash
- Ireland gives 'positive response' to PCB's tour request
- Villas-Boas underlines need to keep Bale from 'prying rivals' for Spurs 'Holy Land' PL hopes next season
- Becks bombarded with big-bucks TV and film deals
- Arsenal smashes Tottenham's 'top four PL finish' hopes
- Expectant Coleen Rooney in hospital with hubby Wayne by her side
- Fergie stunned Man U players, staff with 'Don't call me boss again' final order