Adebayor unhappy with Tottenham wage offerJul 20, 3:03 pm
The striker, 28, is unhappy at being asked to take a three million pound-a-year pay cut to join Tottenham.
A close pal confirmed: "Manu is digging his heels in, and I don't think this is going to be sorted any time soon. He's the sort of guy who will see out his contract, rather than cave in."
The two clubs agreed to a six million pound deal last week but Adebayor, who last played for City in December 2010, is stalling on the move because of the huge gulf in wages, The Sun reports.
City paid Arsenal 25 million pounds for Adebayor in 2009 and he still has two years left on his 175,000 pound -a-week contract at the Etihad. (ANI)
- Van Persie hints 'happy' to stay at Man U, continue Rooney partnership
- Moyes admits Man U 'not doing anything well enough' as 'unwanted history' looms
- Brisbane couple adopts 'adorable' pig smuggled into Gabba during Ashes
- England players' families flown in to Perth days before team's arrival to save 'hustle-bustle'
- Oz media says Johnson must remain 'cool killer' to 'keep striking' in Ashes
- Crazed cricket fans drank beer worth 5-mln-dollars during Adelaide Test!
- IOC reminds athletes to refrain from protests in Sochi Winter Olympics
- FIFA plays down risk of violence at Brazil WC after local fan clash
- Messi's Facebook page trolled by Iranians
- Johnson leaps into world's top 10 after beating Woods in World Challenge