Brit politicians fight to sit beside Becks at OlympicsAug 11, 4:53 pm
London, August 11 (ANI): British Prime Minister David Cameron and Chancellor George Osborne vied to sit beside David Beckham, when he came to watch the BMX finals with his three sons at the London Olympics.
Cameron once again capitalised on an Olympics photo opportunity, when he took a seat beside the 37-year-old footie player, while watching the BMX finals.
The Prime Minister faced stiff competition to be spotted alongside Beckham at the Olympic Park, as Osborne had earlier taken a seat besides the former England captain.
But when the British Prime Minister arrived with his wife Samantha, the Chancellor was forced to move over to allow Cameron to take a seat beside one of the world’s most photographed men, the Daily Mail reported.
The attempts to be pictured alongside Beckham appeared to have been motivated in the hope that the magic aura of the footie star may rub off on the politicians as they both are going through political turmoil. (ANI)
- ACC report warns of increasing illicit drug abuse in professional sports
- PCB chief assures complete cooperation to curb cricket corruption
- Pak media says team to experience 'lack of warmth' in Champions Trophy with Gul's absence
- Tiger Woods and new girlfriend party at poker charity bash
- Ireland gives 'positive response' to PCB's tour request
- Villas-Boas underlines need to keep Bale from 'prying rivals' for Spurs 'Holy Land' PL hopes next season
- Becks bombarded with big-bucks TV and film deals
- Arsenal smashes Tottenham's 'top four PL finish' hopes
- Expectant Coleen Rooney in hospital with hubby Wayne by her side
- Fergie stunned Man U players, staff with 'Don't call me boss again' final order