Wikipedia founder says 'Internet will change perception of privacy'Apr 17, 4:09 pm
London, Apr 17 (ANI): Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales has said that the Internet will change 'perceptions of privacy', and added that employers will have to end the 'hypocrisy' of refusing to hire people who post embarassing photos on social networking sites.Wales, in a YouTube interview for the New Thinkers Index, argued that employers needed to understand that a photo of somebody 'drunk in college' online was not necessarily embarrassing.He echoed thoughts of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman, who argued that young people think about their online privacy in a fundamentally different way from older generations.Presenting five predictions for the future of technology, Wales also said that he would be "suspicious" of any attempts to work out global laws covering the Internet."It's very unlikely that we're going to get some sort of global governance," The Telegraph quoted Wales, as saying."And I'm not really sure I would trust a process between the world's leaders that's going to hammer out a new law for the internet," he added.He said over time the Internet is likely to become an even larger "public force", with politicians increasingly forced to take notice of the collective opinions of web users. Wales emphasised that the future of the web would be shaped by new users from the developing world, and predicted that the media was likely to retain its existing mixture of paid-for and free online content. (ANI)
Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep May 24, 3:53 pm
New York, May 24 (ANI): Using your tablet or smartphone before bed can suppress quality sleep, thus putting you at risk for health problems, a new study suggests.Full Story »
Now, a radio that can change scripts depending on where you are May 24, 3:46 pm
London, May 24 (ANI): A concept device has been created by BBC where the script can get altered depending on factors like weather.Full Story »
Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View May 24, 3:29 pm
Washington, May 24 (ANI): Google has gathered images of the beauty and biological diversity of the Galapagos Islands for use on its Street View.Full Story »
Information security firm and Manipal come together to bolster India's e-defence May 24, 1:37 pm
New Delhi, May 24 (ANI): In today's networked world, to bolster India's e-defence, a leading information technology firm has tied up with one of the leading universities of India to train young minds about different kinds of security solutions, and strengthen the nation in a different manner.Full Story »
- Google boss warns students against 'censorship of net' and 'digital ethnic cleansing'
- 3D printed object created using brain waves
- Flexible solar cells and displays may be possible with transparent electrode
- US officials say hypersonic weapons likely to hit battlefield by 2025
- Samsung creates furore after portraying men as 'stupid, dirty slobs'
- Majority of teenagers now flocking to Twitter as Facebook enthusiasm wanes: Study
- Baby's life saved with new 3-D printed device that restored his breathing
- Twitter beefs up security following recent hacking spate
- Facebook to revise violent content 'at all levels'
- New antivirus, desktop security software to check future cyber attacks
TOP VIDEO STORIES