Microsoft unveils three Windows 8 versionsApr 18, 1:11 pm
Washington, Apr 18 (ANI): Software giant Microsoft has announced three different editions of its upcoming operating system Windows 8.The operating system will come in three versions, first, Windows 8, for home PCs and laptops.Secong, Windows 8 Pro, for enthusiasts and professionals, and third, Windows RT, for devices running low-power Arm processors, such as tablet devices and lightweight ultrabooks.Brandon le Blanc, head of communications at Windows, announced the versions on the official Microsoft blog, and said they have 'worked to make it easier for customers to know what edition will work best for them,' The Telegraph reports."Windows 8 has all the flexibility you need. You can use a touchscreen or a keyboard and mouse - and switch anytime. Its beautiful, fast and fluid design is perfect for a wide range of hardware," Blanc added.Windows RT is the first version of Windows designed for tablets.According to the report, it will come pre-installed on computers and tablets powered by Arm processors and will include a touchscreen-based version of Microsoft Office as standard.Windows 8 is the standard, consumer-based model that will run on most new home computers, while Windows 8 Pro will include extra features such as file encyption, virtualisation of operating system s and domain management. (ANI)
Google likely to launch Android-based 'Nexus TV' Dec 7, 12:39 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Google is speculated to be working on a Nexus TV that with run on Android and stream videos from YouTube along with offering a selection of video games.Full Story »
Android flashlight app 'deceives' millions of users Dec 7, 11:36 am
London, Dec. 07 (ANI): Millions of Android users have been "deceived" by a developer, who gathered their personal data through free flashlight app, the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) said.Full Story »
Samsung, Philips among others raided by EU over restricting online sale Dec 7, 11:36 am
London, Dec. 07 (ANI): Samsung and Philips were recently raided by the European Commission inspectors, including several other consumer electronics companies, over restricting online sales.Full Story »
Microsoft disrupts online fraud botnet ZeroAccess Dec 7, 11:17 am
London, Dec. 7 (ANI): Microsoft and law enforcement agencies have reportedly disrupted one of the world's largest botnets, ZeroAccess that triggered online fraud.Full Story »
- New online game reveals how much your personal data is exposed to risk
- Now, 'smart iPad baby seat' to take care of toddlers when you are away at work!
- Microsoft releases new Bing Maps app preview for Windows 8.1
- New, 'pocket-sized' Macro clip-on lens turns your iPhone 5S into professional camera!
- Google voice search on Android, iOS to answer queries in French, German, Japanese
- Teen father orders Xbox One on eBay for 450 pounds, gets picture of console instead!
- Online images can help create brand associations: Study
- Google+ rolls out tool to add 'snowflake effect' to photos
- iPhone 5S in India costs 22.3% against GDP
- Mobile phone camera turned into mini-microscope for low-cost diagnostics
TOP VIDEO STORIES