Microsoft fixes Hotmail password bug helping hackers reset passwordsApr 28, 5:33 pm
Washington, Apr 28 (ANI): Software giant Microsoft has said it has fixed a bug within its Hotmail email service, which had allowed hackers to easily reset passwords and take control of users' accounts.A security news site had reported that some hackers were offering to hack Hotmail accounts for 20 dollars .Computer security researchers discovered the vulnerability in early April and told Microsoft about it. The bug revolved around the way Hotmail handles the data that must pass back and forth when a user wants to reset their password, The BBC reports.According to the report, as knowledge of the bug spread, YouTube videos highlighting how to perform the hack, also started to surface. Microsoft has issued a statement saying the loophole has now been closed and that Hotmail account holders need take no further action. (ANI)
Launch of Apple's set-top box pushed to 2015 Jul 31, 6:21 pm
Washignton, July 31 (ANI): Apple's long-rumoured set-top box will not be launched until 2015 due to the company's inability to strike a deal with the cable providers, said reports.Full Story »
No need to remember passwords with '1Password' extension in Apple iOS 8 Jul 31, 4:35 pm
Washington, July 31 (ANI): Apple is planning to introduce '1Password' extension in iOS 8, which would solve the hassle of remembering all passwords and pins.Full Story »
Google's Android may face probe by European antitrust regulators Jul 31, 12:03 pm
Washington, July 31 (ANI): A report has revealed that the European antitrust regulators may launch an investigation into Google's business practices related to Android.Full Story »
Linkedin mobile app to upgrade user-interface soon Jul 30, 4:33 pm
Washington, July 30 (ANI): Linkedin is due to get a makeover soon with the social networking website planning to introduce a slew of features on its mobile app.Full Story »
- Now, shoes synced with Google maps to vibrate and give directions
- New vision-correcting display to soon replace specs
- Instagram rolls out Snapchat-type photo, video sharing app 'Bolt'
- iPhone 6 may not have sapphire-glass screen: Report
- Facebook urges users to install Messenger
- Now, save your 'keys' with new app 'KeyMe'
- How Google searches can warn about stock market crashes
- Chinese search engine Baidu mulling Google-like 'self-driven' car
- Microsoft mulling Windows 8.1 update with 'folder support'
- Google starts mapping Liberty and Ellis Islands
TOP VIDEO STORIES