Soon, jet-like heads up displays for carsMay 2, 6:06 pm
Washington, May 2 (ANI): A company in the US is building a laser-based head-up displays, like the ones used in fighter jets, for cars, making them more common and useful.Microvision, a Redmond, Washington based company, is building the laser-based display that uses a red, green and blue laser as well as a mirror, which tilts to direct the beams , Discovery News reported. By adjusting the intensity of the lasers, the display produces differently colored pixels. The mirror scans horizontally and vertically, producing an image on the windshield made of lit pixels. The whole process is fast enough that the human eye can't see the scanning, so the image looks steady.Lasers produce brighter, more saturated colours than LED displays, and lighting up a single pixel at a time uses less energy. With only one mirror, the whole thing is also smaller than a similar version made of LEDs.Microvision's display should be appearing in American cars sometime in 2016. Japan's Pioneer Corporation already uses it and plans to release a version of it this year. (ANI)
'All-in-One' leash makes walking your pooch a pleasure Dec 9, 3:24 pm
Washington, December 9 (ANI): A company has come up with an all-in-one leash which has everything that is needed to walk your dog.Full Story »
Vietnam social app Paktor sets largest speed-dating record Dec 9, 3:00 pm
New Delhi, Dec. 9 (ANI): Vietnamese social networking app Paktor has set a new Guinness world record for the largest speed dating event.Full Story »
New keyboard case turns your iPhone into Blackberry Dec 9, 1:56 pm
Washington, Dec. 9 (ANI): A new device has been launched for iPhones aimed at making typing a lot easier.Full Story »
Wearable Smarty Ring gadget sends smartphone updates to your finger Dec 9, 1:32 pm
Washington, Dec. 9 (ANI): A new gadget has been launched that allows users to manage all their smartphone alerts from their fingers, dealing with the trend of glancing at your device every few minutes.Full Story »
- Now, anti-microbial cell phone cases to help keep diseases away
- Graphene`s promise for technological advancement brought closer to reality
- Honda's new lawnmower designed for 130mph ride
- New iPhone case lights up when you get a call!
- New girls-only app to help women anonymously review 'male pals'
- Gadgets at risk with rare materials running out
- Facebook rolls out auto-play video feature on mobile site
- Raymond Briggs' Snowman game limits kids' in-app purchase to avoid 'parental bill shock'
- iPad Air more popular than iPad 4: Study
- E-mail authentication reduces phishing scams: Google
TOP VIDEO STORIES