Zookeeper among 4 personality types of smartphone usersJun 4, 4:15 pm
Melbourne, June 4 (ANI): Psychologists are now studying the extent to which the use of smartphones by Australians reflects their personality .Once upon a time smartphones were the domain of tech-savvy trendsetters, nut now around 52 percent of Aussies now have smartphones. In the new study, Armchair Psychology director Associate Professor Amanda Gordon has helped categorise the more than 52 percent of Australians using a smartphone.According to the study, about 34 percent of users are Zookeepers keeping the family organised, while Constantly Online Professionals (COPs) are attached to their phones 24 hours a day and account for 29 percent of the population.Almost a quarter - 24 percent - are Frightened of Missing Out (FOMO) and can't live without Facebook and Twitter apps, while the 13 percent classed as Meerkats, or Social Creators, use phones to stay ahead of the pack.Gordon, who worked with Optus to develop the categories, notes there is no hard and fast rule as to who is what sort of user with men and women as well as teens and seniors filling the same roles."The people using smartphones aren't just the highest-tech people, they are mums and dads managing their family," News.com.au quoted Gordon as saying."We live long distances from each other and smartphones really provide us with the ability to stay in touch better than anything else," she said.Optus marketing managing director Michael Smith added that most people now customised their phone around their lifestyle. (ANI)
E-mail authentication reduces phishing scams: Google Dec 7, 2:25 pm
Washington, Dec. 07 (ANI): The development of e-mail authentication standards has finally reduced e-mail phishing scams, according to Google security researchers.Full Story »
How office energy bills can be cut down Dec 7, 1:33 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Researchers have shown how the ubiquity of smart phones connected to the office network can be used to monitor occupancy and reduce heating or air conditioning for unused spaces.Full Story »
Facebook's 'high quality' News Feed tweaking decoded! Dec 7, 1:33 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Facebook recently announced that it will be tweaking the News Feed of its users in order to deliver them more 'high quality' content by pushing down things like 'meme photos' harder to see, however, this has apparently upset publishers of such content.Full Story »
Google likely to launch Android-based 'Nexus TV' Dec 7, 12:39 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Google is speculated to be working on a Nexus TV that with run on Android and stream videos from YouTube along with offering a selection of video games.Full Story »
- Samsung, Philips among others raided by EU over restricting online sale
- Microsoft disrupts online fraud botnet ZeroAccess
- Software patents may soon be history!
- New online game reveals how much your personal data is exposed to risk
- Now, 'smart iPad baby seat' to take care of toddlers when you are away at work!
- Microsoft releases new Bing Maps app preview for Windows 8.1
- New, 'pocket-sized' Macro clip-on lens turns your iPhone 5S into professional camera!
- Google voice search on Android, iOS to answer queries in French, German, Japanese
- Teen father orders Xbox One on eBay for 450 pounds, gets picture of console instead!
- Online images can help create brand associations: Study
TOP VIDEO STORIES