RIM discontinues 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook, but 'remains committed to tablet space'Jun 9, 11:42 am
Ottawa, June 9 (ANI): BlackBerry maker Research In Motion (RIM) has planned to discontinue the 16GB version of its PlayBook tablet.The firm said it was still 'committed to the tablet space' and would continue to ship the 32GB and 64GB versions of the BlackBerry PlayBook."There is more value for our customers in the higher capacity models and as such we have decided to focus our efforts here," RIM said in a statement.According to The Telegraph, it is thought that the decision to cut the 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook model could be a cost-cutting measure. The tablet computer was released last year, but has been viewed by analysts as a failure.In January, the Canada-based firm reduced the price of all PlayBook models, cutting the 64GB version to 299 dollars in the US, less than half of its 699 dollar launch price. In December 2011, RIM wrote down 485 million dollars on the value of its PlayBook inventory. (ANI)
Kenyan senator's Mandela photoshop gamble busted Dec 11, 2:19 pm
Melbourne, Dec. 11 (ANI): Kenyan politician Mike Sonko's photoshop gamble has been busted with mixed reactions pouring in on social networks for his attempt to morph heavyweight boxing champion Muhammed Ali who was pictured with Nelson Mandela.Full Story »
Now, get 'spill-resistant' keyboard cover for your latest Apple iPad Air Dec 11, 2:00 pm
Washington, Dec. 11 (ANI): Logitech has reportedly created an innovative, 'spill resistant' keyboard cover for Apple's latest lightening fast and thinner iPad Air.Full Story »
'Grinning' Obama's selfie at Mandela memorial goes viral Dec 11, 1:37 pm
Johannesburg, Dec. 11 (ANI): President Barack Obama's selfie at Nelson Mandela's memorial service has gone viral on social media sites, with many questioning whether the moment of delight was appropriate for the occasion.Full Story »
Microsoft issues Surface patches, OS updates Dec 11, 1:37 pm
Washington, Dec. 11 (ANI): Microsoft has reportedly issued a fresh round of patches to its Surface line of tablets along with a final set of Patch Tuesday fixes.Full Story »
- Apple patents 'curved touch screen' design
- 'Telepresence' tool Double can 'virtually' let boss do the bossing in office
- Twitter launches private photo messaging on mobiles
- Samsung asks disgruntled customer to remove video clip showing burnt Galaxy S4
- 'iPad baby seat' draws flak for being 'unhealthy'
- Google's new tool lets you create own Street Views
- Need medical consultation? Try 'Doctor On Demand' smartphone app
- Talking appliances could soon be a reality!
- 'Awkward' Facebook posts can cause greater anguish: Study
- Top ten ICT predictions for 2014 revealed!
TOP VIDEO STORIES