Apple's Passbook app turns your iPhone into 'e-wallet'Jun 13, 1:27 pm
London, June 13 (ANI): Apple's new Passbook app for iOS6 will turn a users' iPhone in to an 'electronic wallet' by storing cards, airport boarding passes, and movie tickets.The new app, unveiled at the firm's WWDC developer conference, is a user-friendly holder for electronic tickets, passes and vouchers, all of which use barcodes on-screen. The iPhone will detect if you're at the airport, for instance, and fish out the relevant electronic documents, The Telegraph reports."Passbook takes all of these passes and combines them together in one place, and integrates it right into the OS, and they are beautiful," Scott Forstall, the man in charge of iOS and tipped as future leader of Apple, said.According to the paper, observers, however, said such examples are merely a prelude to Passbook and the next iPhone acting as a fully-fledged electronic wallet, probably with "wave and pay" technology built in.Meanwhile, Apple's main smartphone manufacturing rival, Samsung, has already included the necessary hardware, a Near Field Communications (NFC) chip, into its latest Galaxy S3. In the US Google is promoting its own app and in-store system to enable consumers to pay by waving their smartphone at the till, Google Wallet. (ANI)
Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep May 24, 3:53 pm
New York, May 24 (ANI): Using your tablet or smartphone before bed can suppress quality sleep, thus putting you at risk for health problems, a new study suggests.Full Story »
Now, a radio that can change scripts depending on where you are May 24, 3:46 pm
London, May 24 (ANI): A concept device has been created by BBC where the script can get altered depending on factors like weather.Full Story »
Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View May 24, 3:29 pm
Washington, May 24 (ANI): Google has gathered images of the beauty and biological diversity of the Galapagos Islands for use on its Street View.Full Story »
Information security firm and Manipal come together to bolster India's e-defence May 24, 1:37 pm
New Delhi, May 24 (ANI): In today's networked world, to bolster India's e-defence, a leading information technology firm has tied up with one of the leading universities of India to train young minds about different kinds of security solutions, and strengthen the nation in a different manner.Full Story »
- Google boss warns students against 'censorship of net' and 'digital ethnic cleansing'
- 3D printed object created using brain waves
- Flexible solar cells and displays may be possible with transparent electrode
- US officials say hypersonic weapons likely to hit battlefield by 2025
- Samsung creates furore after portraying men as 'stupid, dirty slobs'
- Majority of teenagers now flocking to Twitter as Facebook enthusiasm wanes: Study
- Baby's life saved with new 3-D printed device that restored his breathing
- Twitter beefs up security following recent hacking spate
- Facebook to revise violent content 'at all levels'
- New antivirus, desktop security software to check future cyber attacks
TOP VIDEO STORIES