'Expanded' Twitter now to include article excerpts and videoJun 14, 12:02 pm
Its expanded tweets, a feature which has already shown YouTube videos or Instagram photo on Twitter, will now display the first few lines of text of an article and even video on the social networking site.
Twitter said, like for instance, if users see a tweet, with an ABC News link, they will be able to see the first few lines of text, the name of the author, and even a video (if applicable) without having to click the link, and further, clicking the link will bring users to the full story.
"When you expand Tweets containing links to partner websites, you can now see content previews, view images, play videos and more," ABC News quoted Twitter's Product Director, Michael Sippey, as writing on the company's blog today.
The feature will be rolling out to www.twitter.com and mobile.twitter.com today. However, it only works on Twitter sites, and not if users use a third-party Twitter client, like TweetDeck or Tweetie. Twitter also said the feature will be coming to the iPhone and Android Twitter apps soon. (ANI)
- Twitter beefs up security following recent hacking spate
- Facebook to revise violent content 'at all levels'
- New antivirus, desktop security software to check future cyber attacks
- Appin Security emerging as support structure to reduce information security deficit
- Microsoft launches 'all-in-one home entertainment system' Xbox One
- Facebook considered 'social burden' by teens: Study
- Apple accused of billion-dollar tax evading scheme
- Hack attack led to theft of 22 million IDs at Yahoo Japan
- Robots learn to take proper handoff
- Foldable electronics come closer to reality with inkjet-printed graphene