Your smartphone 'may be spying on you'Jun 30, 12:14 pm
Melbourne, June 30 (ANI): Smartphone users do not realise that using GPS technology, website cookies, geotagged photos, messages, emails, calendar appointments and more, mobile phones can report on everything from when they woke up to where they took their last photo, it has been revealed. Smartphones go with you wherever you go, knows whomever you know, sees what you're reading and it can report back later.The depth of their knowledge was detailed in the Allison Baden-Clay murder investigation. In his application for bail, police alleged that an examination of accused killer Gerard Baden-Clay's iPhone allegedly showed it has been removed from its charger and used to make a video call at a time when police allege he claimed to have been sleeping.Queensland Council for Civil Liberties president Michael Cope said smartphones were part of an increasingly integrated "surveillance society", about which users were unaware."People just don't realise all of this," News.com.au quoted him as saying."They just don't appreciate the increasing capacity for their lives to be monitored and controlled. We're just sleepwalking into this situation," Cope added. (ANI)
E-mail authentication reduces phishing scams: Google Dec 7, 2:25 pm
Washington, Dec. 07 (ANI): The development of e-mail authentication standards has finally reduced e-mail phishing scams, according to Google security researchers.Full Story »
How office energy bills can be cut down Dec 7, 1:33 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Researchers have shown how the ubiquity of smart phones connected to the office network can be used to monitor occupancy and reduce heating or air conditioning for unused spaces.Full Story »
Facebook's 'high quality' News Feed tweaking decoded! Dec 7, 1:33 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Facebook recently announced that it will be tweaking the News Feed of its users in order to deliver them more 'high quality' content by pushing down things like 'meme photos' harder to see, however, this has apparently upset publishers of such content.Full Story »
Google likely to launch Android-based 'Nexus TV' Dec 7, 12:39 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Google is speculated to be working on a Nexus TV that with run on Android and stream videos from YouTube along with offering a selection of video games.Full Story »
- Samsung, Philips among others raided by EU over restricting online sale
- Microsoft disrupts online fraud botnet ZeroAccess
- Software patents may soon be history!
- New online game reveals how much your personal data is exposed to risk
- Now, 'smart iPad baby seat' to take care of toddlers when you are away at work!
- Microsoft releases new Bing Maps app preview for Windows 8.1
- New, 'pocket-sized' Macro clip-on lens turns your iPhone 5S into professional camera!
- Google voice search on Android, iOS to answer queries in French, German, Japanese
- Teen father orders Xbox One on eBay for 450 pounds, gets picture of console instead!
- Online images can help create brand associations: Study
TOP VIDEO STORIES