Glass-free 3D screens come closer to realityJul 14, 5:57 pm
London, July 14 (ANI): You may soon have to do away with your 3D glasses, as researchers including one of Indian origin are trying to develop images that work no matter where you are in the room could see images stand out from a flat TV screen without the need for any silly eyeware.Prof Ramesh Raskar at MIT's Media Lab, who led the project, explained that in order to make this type of tridimensional illusion work, it was necessary to split 3D into two 2D images in a wide spectrum of view. Afterwards, the advanced math kicks in by speedily calculating which of the two 2D pictures the audience needs to see first and second at every angle, 3D TV Watcher reported.This is followed by light going through small lenses and a few layers of liquid crystal displays before being sorted into two categories - transparent and opaque - and at last reaching the viewer's eye at very high rates.The scheme itself has been conducted with the goal of widening the viewing angle combinations. (ANI)
Google likely to launch Android-based 'Nexus TV' Dec 7, 12:39 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Google is speculated to be working on a Nexus TV that with run on Android and stream videos from YouTube along with offering a selection of video games.Full Story »
Android flashlight app 'deceives' millions of users Dec 7, 11:36 am
London, Dec. 07 (ANI): Millions of Android users have been "deceived" by a developer, who gathered their personal data through free flashlight app, the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) said.Full Story »
Samsung, Philips among others raided by EU over restricting online sale Dec 7, 11:36 am
London, Dec. 07 (ANI): Samsung and Philips were recently raided by the European Commission inspectors, including several other consumer electronics companies, over restricting online sales.Full Story »
Microsoft disrupts online fraud botnet ZeroAccess Dec 7, 11:17 am
London, Dec. 7 (ANI): Microsoft and law enforcement agencies have reportedly disrupted one of the world's largest botnets, ZeroAccess that triggered online fraud.Full Story »
- New online game reveals how much your personal data is exposed to risk
- Now, 'smart iPad baby seat' to take care of toddlers when you are away at work!
- Microsoft releases new Bing Maps app preview for Windows 8.1
- New, 'pocket-sized' Macro clip-on lens turns your iPhone 5S into professional camera!
- Google voice search on Android, iOS to answer queries in French, German, Japanese
- Teen father orders Xbox One on eBay for 450 pounds, gets picture of console instead!
- Online images can help create brand associations: Study
- Google+ rolls out tool to add 'snowflake effect' to photos
- iPhone 5S in India costs 22.3% against GDP
- Mobile phone camera turned into mini-microscope for low-cost diagnostics
TOP VIDEO STORIES