Facebook users' satisfaction plunges due to Timeline profiles, advertsJul 19, 1:00 pm
London, July 19 (ANI): User satisfaction has dropped significantly in the wake of Facebook's new Timeline profile page system and the sheer volume of advertising on the site, according to a report.According to a recent survey by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSCI), just 61percent of site users are now happy with Facebook's service.The survey also revealed that service is now less popular than Google's social network 'Google Plus'.According to ACSCI, Facebook's drop coincides with the release of its Timeline profile, a significant change to the look and organization of its pages, the Daily Mail reports."Users complain that they cannot opt out of the new profile design," the survey revealed.The report pointed out that Facebook is also less popular than Twitter, Wikipedia and Pinterest.ACSCI said that many users are uneasy about how their personal information is used and often do not see value in the advertising messages that are targeted to them.According to the survey, Google's Plus network appears to be one of the biggest gainers in the market.It has grown to 250 million users in a year, far above rivals such as Twitter, and now has 75 million daily visitors. (ANI)
Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep May 24, 3:53 pm
New York, May 24 (ANI): Using your tablet or smartphone before bed can suppress quality sleep, thus putting you at risk for health problems, a new study suggests.Full Story »
Now, a radio that can change scripts depending on where you are May 24, 3:46 pm
London, May 24 (ANI): A concept device has been created by BBC where the script can get altered depending on factors like weather.Full Story »
Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View May 24, 3:29 pm
Washington, May 24 (ANI): Google has gathered images of the beauty and biological diversity of the Galapagos Islands for use on its Street View.Full Story »
Information security firm and Manipal come together to bolster India's e-defence May 24, 1:37 pm
New Delhi, May 24 (ANI): In today's networked world, to bolster India's e-defence, a leading information technology firm has tied up with one of the leading universities of India to train young minds about different kinds of security solutions, and strengthen the nation in a different manner.Full Story »
- Google boss warns students against 'censorship of net' and 'digital ethnic cleansing'
- 3D printed object created using brain waves
- Flexible solar cells and displays may be possible with transparent electrode
- US officials say hypersonic weapons likely to hit battlefield by 2025
- Samsung creates furore after portraying men as 'stupid, dirty slobs'
- Majority of teenagers now flocking to Twitter as Facebook enthusiasm wanes: Study
- Baby's life saved with new 3-D printed device that restored his breathing
- Twitter beefs up security following recent hacking spate
- Facebook to revise violent content 'at all levels'
- New antivirus, desktop security software to check future cyber attacks
TOP VIDEO STORIES