New messaging device lets you send long-distance smoochJul 23, 3:07 pm
London, July 23 (ANI): If you're missing your partner and fancy a smooch , a new messaging device can help you fulfil your wish.The device dubbed Kissenger and unveiled at the Designing Interactive Systems conference in Newcastle, UK, in June, lets users send kisses wirelessly to one another.Developed by Singapore-based Lovotics, Kissenger comprises a pair of pressure-sensitive soft plastic lips , which protrude through a smooth plastic casing the size of a large Easter egg.The lips contain pressure sensors and actuators. When you kiss them, the shape changes you create are transmitted in real time over the net to a receiving Kissenger.There, the actuators reproduce the mirror image of the pressure patterns you created- magically transmitting your smacker to your partner."People have found it a very positive way to improve intimacy in communications with their partners when they are apart," New Scientist quoted Hooman Samani of Lovotics, as saying.The device is a prototype and Samani said it would not be commercialised until "all the ethical and technical considerations are covered".Also he has pointed that he's not interested in sexual uses for it. (ANI)
E-mail authentication reduces phishing scams: Google Dec 7, 2:25 pm
Washington, Dec. 07 (ANI): The development of e-mail authentication standards has finally reduced e-mail phishing scams, according to Google security researchers.Full Story »
How office energy bills can be cut down Dec 7, 1:33 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Researchers have shown how the ubiquity of smart phones connected to the office network can be used to monitor occupancy and reduce heating or air conditioning for unused spaces.Full Story »
Facebook's 'high quality' News Feed tweaking decoded! Dec 7, 1:33 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Facebook recently announced that it will be tweaking the News Feed of its users in order to deliver them more 'high quality' content by pushing down things like 'meme photos' harder to see, however, this has apparently upset publishers of such content.Full Story »
Google likely to launch Android-based 'Nexus TV' Dec 7, 12:39 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Google is speculated to be working on a Nexus TV that with run on Android and stream videos from YouTube along with offering a selection of video games.Full Story »
- Samsung, Philips among others raided by EU over restricting online sale
- Microsoft disrupts online fraud botnet ZeroAccess
- Software patents may soon be history!
- New online game reveals how much your personal data is exposed to risk
- Now, 'smart iPad baby seat' to take care of toddlers when you are away at work!
- Microsoft releases new Bing Maps app preview for Windows 8.1
- New, 'pocket-sized' Macro clip-on lens turns your iPhone 5S into professional camera!
- Google voice search on Android, iOS to answer queries in French, German, Japanese
- Teen father orders Xbox One on eBay for 450 pounds, gets picture of console instead!
- Online images can help create brand associations: Study
TOP VIDEO STORIES