Recycled bottles illuminate dark homes in PhilippinesJul 31, 6:08 pm
Washington, July 31(ANI): A liter-sized plastic bottle that contains water and bleach is shedding light on dark communities in the Philippines.One organization, Liter of Light, is organizing people to build "solar bottle bulbs."The bottle is sealed in an iron sheet and installed into a small hole in the roof of home. The bottles absorb sunlight and emit about 55-watts of light into a dark interior, the Discovery News reported. This is a boon for people in Manilla, the Philippines, where About 3 million homes are in the dark and have to rely on kerosene lamps for light. These bottles provide a cost-effective and environmentally safe way to provide light to these families during the daylight hours. (ANI)
'All-in-One' leash makes walking your pooch a pleasure Dec 9, 3:24 pm
Washington, December 9 (ANI): A company has come up with an all-in-one leash which has everything that is needed to walk your dog.Full Story »
Vietnam social app Paktor sets largest speed-dating record Dec 9, 3:00 pm
New Delhi, Dec. 9 (ANI): Vietnamese social networking app Paktor has set a new Guinness world record for the largest speed dating event.Full Story »
New keyboard case turns your iPhone into Blackberry Dec 9, 1:56 pm
Washington, Dec. 9 (ANI): A new device has been launched for iPhones aimed at making typing a lot easier.Full Story »
Wearable Smarty Ring gadget sends smartphone updates to your finger Dec 9, 1:32 pm
Washington, Dec. 9 (ANI): A new gadget has been launched that allows users to manage all their smartphone alerts from their fingers, dealing with the trend of glancing at your device every few minutes.Full Story »
- Now, anti-microbial cell phone cases to help keep diseases away
- Graphene`s promise for technological advancement brought closer to reality
- Honda's new lawnmower designed for 130mph ride
- New iPhone case lights up when you get a call!
- New girls-only app to help women anonymously review 'male pals'
- Gadgets at risk with rare materials running out
- Facebook rolls out auto-play video feature on mobile site
- Raymond Briggs' Snowman game limits kids' in-app purchase to avoid 'parental bill shock'
- iPad Air more popular than iPad 4: Study
- E-mail authentication reduces phishing scams: Google
TOP VIDEO STORIES