Google tackles malicious Android apps with stricter rulesAug 3, 1:15 pm
London, Aug. 3 (ANI): Google has introduced stricter guidelines for application developers to cut down on malicious apps on its Android platform.Policy changes for apps submitted to the Google Play app store include new rules on app naming, a ban on apps that disclose personal information without permission and more details on the payment policy."We are constantly striving to make Google Play a great community for developers and consumers," the Android team wrote in a letter to app developers."This requires us to update our policies when we launch new features, like subscription billing, and also when we see unhealthy behavior, like deceptive app names and spammy notifications," the letter added.According to the Telegraph, Google's new terms tell developers 'not to pretend to be someone else'."And don't represent that your app is authorized by or produced by another company or organization if that is not the case," the rules say.Developers are also warned that apps that introduce security vulnerabilities or 'harm user devices' will not be permitted. (ANI)
'All-in-One' leash makes walking your pooch a pleasure Dec 9, 3:24 pm
Washington, December 9 (ANI): A company has come up with an all-in-one leash which has everything that is needed to walk your dog.Full Story »
Vietnam social app Paktor sets largest speed-dating record Dec 9, 3:00 pm
New Delhi, Dec. 9 (ANI): Vietnamese social networking app Paktor has set a new Guinness world record for the largest speed dating event.Full Story »
New keyboard case turns your iPhone into Blackberry Dec 9, 1:56 pm
Washington, Dec. 9 (ANI): A new device has been launched for iPhones aimed at making typing a lot easier.Full Story »
Wearable Smarty Ring gadget sends smartphone updates to your finger Dec 9, 1:32 pm
Washington, Dec. 9 (ANI): A new gadget has been launched that allows users to manage all their smartphone alerts from their fingers, dealing with the trend of glancing at your device every few minutes.Full Story »
- Now, anti-microbial cell phone cases to help keep diseases away
- Graphene`s promise for technological advancement brought closer to reality
- Honda's new lawnmower designed for 130mph ride
- New iPhone case lights up when you get a call!
- New girls-only app to help women anonymously review 'male pals'
- Gadgets at risk with rare materials running out
- Facebook rolls out auto-play video feature on mobile site
- Raymond Briggs' Snowman game limits kids' in-app purchase to avoid 'parental bill shock'
- iPad Air more popular than iPad 4: Study
- E-mail authentication reduces phishing scams: Google
TOP VIDEO STORIES