Google's new Olympic doodle lets users jump hurdles, shoot hoopsAug 8, 12:20 pm
London, August 8 (ANI): Google's interactive doodle has lead to thousand of lost working hours as people get busy exploring them during the office hours.The latest doodle being the 110m hurdle race, one of the many Olympic themed doodles to come up on its search engine's homepage after the games started.The addictive mini-game, which offers 1980s-style nostalgia for video game fans, gets people to frantically hit the arrow keys on their keyboard in order to pick up speed, and then timing their jumps across the hurdles with a tap on the space bar.It is the latest in a long line of Olympic-themed doodles, but the first game - and is likely to lead to thousands of lost office-hours as workers compete for their personal best.Google is well-known for making work a lot of fun - employees famously are given 20 percent of the office time to explore their own pet projects, and out of that, staple Google services such as Gmail and Google News were born.However, every time the company places an interactive doodle on its simply homepage, bosses across the world see their employee's productivity drop, the Daily Mail reported.This time last year, Google had created a guitar-themed doodle to mark the late musician Les Paul's 96th birthday party.According to website Extreme Tech, this doodle ended up costing a staggering 166 million pounds in the UK, as office workers took time off to play the interactive "guitar" - with workers spending a total of 10.7 million hours on the mini-game. (ANI)
E-mail authentication reduces phishing scams: Google Dec 7, 2:25 pm
Washington, Dec. 07 (ANI): The development of e-mail authentication standards has finally reduced e-mail phishing scams, according to Google security researchers.Full Story »
How office energy bills can be cut down Dec 7, 1:33 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Researchers have shown how the ubiquity of smart phones connected to the office network can be used to monitor occupancy and reduce heating or air conditioning for unused spaces.Full Story »
Facebook's 'high quality' News Feed tweaking decoded! Dec 7, 1:33 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Facebook recently announced that it will be tweaking the News Feed of its users in order to deliver them more 'high quality' content by pushing down things like 'meme photos' harder to see, however, this has apparently upset publishers of such content.Full Story »
Google likely to launch Android-based 'Nexus TV' Dec 7, 12:39 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Google is speculated to be working on a Nexus TV that with run on Android and stream videos from YouTube along with offering a selection of video games.Full Story »
- Samsung, Philips among others raided by EU over restricting online sale
- Microsoft disrupts online fraud botnet ZeroAccess
- Software patents may soon be history!
- New online game reveals how much your personal data is exposed to risk
- Now, 'smart iPad baby seat' to take care of toddlers when you are away at work!
- Microsoft releases new Bing Maps app preview for Windows 8.1
- New, 'pocket-sized' Macro clip-on lens turns your iPhone 5S into professional camera!
- Google voice search on Android, iOS to answer queries in French, German, Japanese
- Teen father orders Xbox One on eBay for 450 pounds, gets picture of console instead!
- Online images can help create brand associations: Study
TOP VIDEO STORIES