Now, Google brings your Gmail messages to search resultsAug 9, 10:57 am
London, Aug 9 (ANI): Google has started to try a new search feature, which would enable its search engine results to integrate information from users' Gmail accounts.Amit Singhal, Google's search chief, said that the move was a "baby step towards pre-emptive search" and an example of search engines "getting to know people better"."Sometimes the best answer to your question isn't available on the public web-it may be contained somewhere else, such as in your email," the Telegraph quoted Singhal, as saying."We think you shouldn't have to be your own mini- search engine to find the most useful information-it should just work," he added.According to the paper, Gmail results will appear on the right hand side of the search results page and will only be available to the single user whose email account is being included in the results.Another practical use for the addition of Gmail to search is if a person wants to search for "my flights", this new feature will allow Google to surface a specific result which says: "upcoming flights from your Gmail" and show the latest timetable.Singhal said that Google had developed a totally secure and private line, therefore, there was no risk of a person's emails from Gmail, ever being seen in anyone else's search results. (ANI)
'All-in-One' leash makes walking your pooch a pleasure Dec 9, 3:24 pm
Washington, December 9 (ANI): A company has come up with an all-in-one leash which has everything that is needed to walk your dog.Full Story »
Vietnam social app Paktor sets largest speed-dating record Dec 9, 3:00 pm
New Delhi, Dec. 9 (ANI): Vietnamese social networking app Paktor has set a new Guinness world record for the largest speed dating event.Full Story »
New keyboard case turns your iPhone into Blackberry Dec 9, 1:56 pm
Washington, Dec. 9 (ANI): A new device has been launched for iPhones aimed at making typing a lot easier.Full Story »
Wearable Smarty Ring gadget sends smartphone updates to your finger Dec 9, 1:32 pm
Washington, Dec. 9 (ANI): A new gadget has been launched that allows users to manage all their smartphone alerts from their fingers, dealing with the trend of glancing at your device every few minutes.Full Story »
- Now, anti-microbial cell phone cases to help keep diseases away
- Graphene`s promise for technological advancement brought closer to reality
- Honda's new lawnmower designed for 130mph ride
- New iPhone case lights up when you get a call!
- New girls-only app to help women anonymously review 'male pals'
- Gadgets at risk with rare materials running out
- Facebook rolls out auto-play video feature on mobile site
- Raymond Briggs' Snowman game limits kids' in-app purchase to avoid 'parental bill shock'
- iPad Air more popular than iPad 4: Study
- E-mail authentication reduces phishing scams: Google
TOP VIDEO STORIES