Australia orders Google to delete Street View dataAug 9, 4:07 pm
Sydney, Aug.9 (ANI): Australian authorities have ordered Google to destroy all data it deliberately harvested while operating specially equipped cars for its Street View service in 2010. Australia 's privacy commissioner Timothy Pilgrim told Google that he was "concerned" over revelations of extra data being found, "particularly as Google had advised that the data was destroyed"."Organisations that retain personal information that is no longer required could leave individuals at risk should it be misused," Pilgrim wrote in an email dated August 6."I appreciate your advising me of this matter, and look forward to confirmation that the data has been destroyed," he added.According to The Herald Sun, Pilgrim said he also wanted confirmation from an independent third party that the data had been destroyed.He also said that Google must undergo an audit to ensure no more was being held, the report said. Google is facing over 12 lawsuits across the world for intercepting users' private data through unsecured wi-fi connections.The firm has been fined by regulators in the US for violating privacy laws and has contacted governments in the UK, Ireland, France, the Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland and Austria about the security breach. (ANI)
'All-in-One' leash makes walking your pooch a pleasure Dec 9, 3:24 pm
Washington, December 9 (ANI): A company has come up with an all-in-one leash which has everything that is needed to walk your dog.Full Story »
Vietnam social app Paktor sets largest speed-dating record Dec 9, 3:00 pm
New Delhi, Dec. 9 (ANI): Vietnamese social networking app Paktor has set a new Guinness world record for the largest speed dating event.Full Story »
New keyboard case turns your iPhone into Blackberry Dec 9, 1:56 pm
Washington, Dec. 9 (ANI): A new device has been launched for iPhones aimed at making typing a lot easier.Full Story »
Wearable Smarty Ring gadget sends smartphone updates to your finger Dec 9, 1:32 pm
Washington, Dec. 9 (ANI): A new gadget has been launched that allows users to manage all their smartphone alerts from their fingers, dealing with the trend of glancing at your device every few minutes.Full Story »
- Now, anti-microbial cell phone cases to help keep diseases away
- Graphene`s promise for technological advancement brought closer to reality
- Honda's new lawnmower designed for 130mph ride
- New iPhone case lights up when you get a call!
- New girls-only app to help women anonymously review 'male pals'
- Gadgets at risk with rare materials running out
- Facebook rolls out auto-play video feature on mobile site
- Raymond Briggs' Snowman game limits kids' in-app purchase to avoid 'parental bill shock'
- iPad Air more popular than iPad 4: Study
- E-mail authentication reduces phishing scams: Google
TOP VIDEO STORIES