Google rolls out 'Knowledge Graph' database to improve search queriesAug 10, 10:44 am
London, Aug 10 (ANI): Web giant Google has launched a new search feature in the UK, which would help answer people's queries beyond providing a series of blue links.ile addressing a press conference in San Fransico, Google's search chief, Amit Singhal announced the extension of the Google Knowledge Graph in the UK and every other English speaking country.The graph, which until now, was only accessible in the United States via Google.com since May 2012, is made up of a database of over 500 million real-world people, places and things that aims to understand people's search queries and also provide some added information." Larry Page once described the perfect search engine as understanding exactly what you mean and giving you back exactly what you want. It's very much like the computer I dreamt about as a child growing up in India, glued to our black-and-white TV for every episode of Star Trek. Today, we're closer to that dream than I ever thought possible during my working life," The Telegraph quoted Singhal, as writing on Google's blog.Singhal claimed that the move was a "baby step towards pre-emptive search" and an example of search engines "getting to know people better".He also announced the start of a trial, which would allow people to search their Gmail messages from the Google.com search box.The Gmail results will appear on the right hand side of the search results page and will only be available to the single user whose email account is being included in the results, the paper said. (ANI)
Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep May 24, 3:53 pm
New York, May 24 (ANI): Using your tablet or smartphone before bed can suppress quality sleep, thus putting you at risk for health problems, a new study suggests.Full Story »
Now, a radio that can change scripts depending on where you are May 24, 3:46 pm
London, May 24 (ANI): A concept device has been created by BBC where the script can get altered depending on factors like weather.Full Story »
Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View May 24, 3:29 pm
Washington, May 24 (ANI): Google has gathered images of the beauty and biological diversity of the Galapagos Islands for use on its Street View.Full Story »
Information security firm and Manipal come together to bolster India's e-defence May 24, 1:37 pm
New Delhi, May 24 (ANI): In today's networked world, to bolster India's e-defence, a leading information technology firm has tied up with one of the leading universities of India to train young minds about different kinds of security solutions, and strengthen the nation in a different manner.Full Story »
- Google boss warns students against 'censorship of net' and 'digital ethnic cleansing'
- 3D printed object created using brain waves
- Flexible solar cells and displays may be possible with transparent electrode
- US officials say hypersonic weapons likely to hit battlefield by 2025
- Samsung creates furore after portraying men as 'stupid, dirty slobs'
- Majority of teenagers now flocking to Twitter as Facebook enthusiasm wanes: Study
- Baby's life saved with new 3-D printed device that restored his breathing
- Twitter beefs up security following recent hacking spate
- Facebook to revise violent content 'at all levels'
- New antivirus, desktop security software to check future cyber attacks
TOP VIDEO STORIES