New Stuxnet-linked cyber weapon stealing banking info in LebanonAug 10, 11:41 am
Washington, Aug 10 (ANI): A Moscow-based cyber security firm has discovered a new cyber weapon that is stealing banking information in Lebanon.The new malware, dubbed Gauss for an in-code reference to a German mathematician, is believed to be linked by code to the computer worm Stuxnet, which was discovered in 2010.According to Russian Kaspersky Labs, the malware is designed to "steal and monitor data from clients of several Lebanese banks," among other nefarious abilities, ABC News reports.Kaspersky said in a blog post that of the more than 2,500 instances of Gauss infections in the Middle East, over 1,600 of them were discovered in Lebanon and nearly 500 in Israel.Researchers at the security firm said they discovered Gauss while investigating Flame, a massive espionage program revealed in May."After looking at Stuxnet, Duqu and Flame , we can say with a high degree of certainty that Gauss comes from the same 'factory' or 'factories'," the firm added in its blog post. (ANI)
E-mail authentication reduces phishing scams: Google Dec 7, 2:25 pm
Washington, Dec. 07 (ANI): The development of e-mail authentication standards has finally reduced e-mail phishing scams, according to Google security researchers.Full Story »
How office energy bills can be cut down Dec 7, 1:33 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Researchers have shown how the ubiquity of smart phones connected to the office network can be used to monitor occupancy and reduce heating or air conditioning for unused spaces.Full Story »
Facebook's 'high quality' News Feed tweaking decoded! Dec 7, 1:33 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Facebook recently announced that it will be tweaking the News Feed of its users in order to deliver them more 'high quality' content by pushing down things like 'meme photos' harder to see, however, this has apparently upset publishers of such content.Full Story »
Google likely to launch Android-based 'Nexus TV' Dec 7, 12:39 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): Google is speculated to be working on a Nexus TV that with run on Android and stream videos from YouTube along with offering a selection of video games.Full Story »
- Samsung, Philips among others raided by EU over restricting online sale
- Microsoft disrupts online fraud botnet ZeroAccess
- Software patents may soon be history!
- New online game reveals how much your personal data is exposed to risk
- Now, 'smart iPad baby seat' to take care of toddlers when you are away at work!
- Microsoft releases new Bing Maps app preview for Windows 8.1
- New, 'pocket-sized' Macro clip-on lens turns your iPhone 5S into professional camera!
- Google voice search on Android, iOS to answer queries in French, German, Japanese
- Teen father orders Xbox One on eBay for 450 pounds, gets picture of console instead!
- Online images can help create brand associations: Study
TOP VIDEO STORIES