Soon, an 'intelligent bracelet' that will help you stay healthyAug 8, 7:04 pm
London, August 8 (ANI): Soon an 'intelligent bracelet', packed with microchips and a smartphone application, will help you track and analyse your movements, food intake and sleep patterns.The band is the latest product exploiting the public's obsession with measuring everything from how frequently they have sex to how far they take in a day.Aliph, the US technology firm behind the Jawbone UP bracelet, says it aims to launch it globally later this year While the manufacturers of the band claim there are health benefits to personal micro-monitoring, some experts have raised concerns over the reliability of such devices, and whether it is wise to publicise details of one's bodily functions across the internet."Jawbone has a great existing brand name and they have obviously been monitoring the success of other companies within the field," the Independent quoted Mike Butcher, editor of TechCrunch Europe, as saying."The lucrative nature of the health-gadget market has led to the funding they have been able to attract," he said. "For years venture capitalists have been talking about the power of this sector, and how what was lacking was people's ability to monitor their own health. The addition of product to smartphones is a killer combination," he added.According to Jawbone's director of European business development, Bandar Antabi, "lifestyle diseases have surpassed communicative diseases as the world's most common killer"."If people adopt a better way of living, they are preventable. We are trying to provide a utility to allow people to live healthier lives," he added. (ANI)
Android flashlight app 'deceives' millions of users Dec 7, 11:36 am
London, Dec. 07 (ANI): Millions of Android users have been "deceived" by a developer, who gathered their personal data through free flashlight app, the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) said.Full Story »
Samsung, Philips among others raided by EU over restricting online sale Dec 7, 11:36 am
London, Dec. 07 (ANI): Samsung and Philips were recently raided by the European Commission inspectors, including several other consumer electronics companies, over restricting online sales.Full Story »
Microsoft disrupts online fraud botnet ZeroAccess Dec 7, 11:17 am
London, Dec. 7 (ANI): Microsoft and law enforcement agencies have reportedly disrupted one of the world's largest botnets, ZeroAccess that triggered online fraud.Full Story »
Software patents may soon be history! Dec 7, 10:48 am
Wellington, Dec. 7 (ANI): The US Supreme Court is set to decide on an appeal of a lower court decision that could potentially lead to what is touted as the 'death' of software patents.Full Story »
- Now, 'smart iPad baby seat' to take care of toddlers when you are away at work!
- Microsoft releases new Bing Maps app preview for Windows 8.1
- New, 'pocket-sized' Macro clip-on lens turns your iPhone 5S into professional camera!
- Google voice search on Android, iOS to answer queries in French, German, Japanese
- Teen father orders Xbox One on eBay for 450 pounds, gets picture of console instead!
- Online images can help create brand associations: Study
- Google+ rolls out tool to add 'snowflake effect' to photos
- iPhone 5S in India costs 22.3% against GDP
- Mobile phone camera turned into mini-microscope for low-cost diagnostics
- How to 'undo' that nasty email you sent 10 seconds back!
TOP VIDEO STORIES