Women save more than men despite earning lessDec 3, 3:26 pm
London, Dec 3 (ANI): Women in Britain end up saving a larger chunk of their income compared to men, a new study has revealed.The fairer sex usually put aside 7,981pounds or 40 per cent of their gross average earnings on the other hand, men save 7,657 pounds, which is just 23 per cent of their typical salary.The only places in UK where men were found to have saved more than women were Scotland and the North of England. Researchers at the Halifax suggested women's savings were likely to have been boosted by wealthier partners transferring cash for tax purposes, as well as the numbers of older women inheriting money after their husbands had died, the Daily Mail reported.While women typically have slightly higher savings balances than men, the difference as a proportion of earnings is quite substantial," Halifax economist Martin Ellis said."Female savers seem to be managing to devote more of their earnings to savings." The report revealed that the customers in the South had a typical balance of 8,734 pounds, which is 29 per cent of gross annual earnings for those regions.While, those in the rest of the UK had a slightly lower balance of 7,759 pounds, but had put a higher proportion of income away, which was at large 33 per cent.The Halifax used its savings database to compile the report, alongside official statistics on earning s. (ANI)
Tim Cook 'disappointed' by new Indiana law that could allow companies to discriminate against gays Mar 28, 10:15 am
London, March 28 (ANI): Apple CEO Tim Cook has said that he is "deeply disappointed" by the new law passed in the US state of Indiana which could allow companies to discriminate against gay and lesbian customers.Full Story »
Narcissistic leaders like Steve Jobs are more successful, says study Mar 25, 11:08 am
Washington, March 25 (ANI): If you are bit vain in nature, you may just posses one of the qualities that most celebrated leaders in the business world have, as a new study has said claimed that narcissistic leaders happen to be the most successful ones.Full Story »
Job loss could lead to decade of distrust Mar 22, 10:30 am
Washington, Mar 22 (ANI): A new study has explored that losing one's job scars trust to such an extent that even finding new work may not reverse it.Full Story »
How your email address can affect your chances of getting hired Mar 19, 11:28 am
Washington, Mar 19 (ANI): A new study has shed light on email addresses demonstrating that an applicant's email address can greatly impact first impressions and affect one's chances of getting hired.Full Story »
- Apple CEO Tim Cook was 'yelled at' for offering liver to Steve Jobs
- Work schedules based on biological clocks may cure 'social jetlag'
- Work-family clashes make employees verbally abusive towards workers, loved ones
- Receiving after-hours email, text angers employees
- Lifestyle intervention program at workplace helps improve employee's health
- Zuckerberg says looks for 'boss' he would want to work for before hiring new employees
- Your voice may actually help you land the job as it reveals 'intelligence'
- How being unemployed can change your basic personality
- Workplace bullying can become vicious cycle for anxious victims
- Do treadmill desks actually help obese office workers?
TOP VIDEO STORIES