97 pc of all new jobs grabbed by men in USJan 8, 2:46 pm
New York, Jan 8 (ANI): Men have outpaced women in getting jobs as a staggering 97 percent of all the new jobs created since the US economic recovery started in mid-2009 have gone to guys, a new study has revealed.This may mark an end to "Mancession", the term coined by economists during recent economic downturn , when males in the workforce occupied 70 percent of the jobs cut.According to data by the National Women's Law Center, which analyzed jobs data between June 2009 and December 2011, all but 43,000 of 1.4 million positions have gone to men.Joan Entmacher, vice president of the DC advocacy group asserted that the trend towards hiring men over women is occurring across industries, including some traditionally female professions.Besides men gaining most of the new jobs, women are also losing jobs at a faster rate. Since the recovery began, the overall unemployment rate for women has increased from 7.6 percent to 7.9 percent while the rate for men dropped has from 9.9 percent to 8.0 percent."We looked industry by industry to try to understand what was happening and why wo men were doing so badly," the New York Post quoted Entmacher as saying."But looking at it, it was hard to understand what was going on," she added. (ANI)
Tim Cook 'disappointed' by new Indiana law that could allow companies to discriminate against gays Mar 28, 10:15 am
London, March 28 (ANI): Apple CEO Tim Cook has said that he is "deeply disappointed" by the new law passed in the US state of Indiana which could allow companies to discriminate against gay and lesbian customers.Full Story »
Narcissistic leaders like Steve Jobs are more successful, says study Mar 25, 11:08 am
Washington, March 25 (ANI): If you are bit vain in nature, you may just posses one of the qualities that most celebrated leaders in the business world have, as a new study has said claimed that narcissistic leaders happen to be the most successful ones.Full Story »
Job loss could lead to decade of distrust Mar 22, 10:30 am
Washington, Mar 22 (ANI): A new study has explored that losing one's job scars trust to such an extent that even finding new work may not reverse it.Full Story »
How your email address can affect your chances of getting hired Mar 19, 11:28 am
Washington, Mar 19 (ANI): A new study has shed light on email addresses demonstrating that an applicant's email address can greatly impact first impressions and affect one's chances of getting hired.Full Story »
- Apple CEO Tim Cook was 'yelled at' for offering liver to Steve Jobs
- Work schedules based on biological clocks may cure 'social jetlag'
- Work-family clashes make employees verbally abusive towards workers, loved ones
- Receiving after-hours email, text angers employees
- Lifestyle intervention program at workplace helps improve employee's health
- Zuckerberg says looks for 'boss' he would want to work for before hiring new employees
- Your voice may actually help you land the job as it reveals 'intelligence'
- How being unemployed can change your basic personality
- Workplace bullying can become vicious cycle for anxious victims
- Do treadmill desks actually help obese office workers?
TOP VIDEO STORIES