Female part time workers in UK earn 5 pct more than their male counterpartsMar 22, 4:49 pm
London, Mar 22 (ANI): Female workers in the UK who go to part-time jobs earn more than men who work similar hours, according to a report.Figures from the Office for National Statistics showed that there is a pay gap of almost five per cent favouring part-time women workers over their male counterparts.According to the figures, on average a man working part-time earned 7.66 pounds an hour last year, compared with 8.03 pounds for women.Over five million women have such jobs, the great majority of them are mothers who choose to work flexible hours because they have families, The Daily Mail reports.According to the report, the advantage lies with women because their ranks include a high proportion of well-paid workers, especially in the public sector, who take advantage of the opportunity to reduce their hours after they have children. Fewer higher income men with families choose to cut back on their working time.Meanwhile, full-time working women have been gradually catching up with the earnings of male full-timers.In recent years official estimates have shown that full-time working women in their 20s out-earn their male contemporaries and those in their 30s are on virtually the same earnings. (ANI)
Tim Cook 'disappointed' by new Indiana law that could allow companies to discriminate against gays Mar 28, 10:15 am
London, March 28 (ANI): Apple CEO Tim Cook has said that he is "deeply disappointed" by the new law passed in the US state of Indiana which could allow companies to discriminate against gay and lesbian customers.Full Story »
Narcissistic leaders like Steve Jobs are more successful, says study Mar 25, 11:08 am
Washington, March 25 (ANI): If you are bit vain in nature, you may just posses one of the qualities that most celebrated leaders in the business world have, as a new study has said claimed that narcissistic leaders happen to be the most successful ones.Full Story »
Job loss could lead to decade of distrust Mar 22, 10:30 am
Washington, Mar 22 (ANI): A new study has explored that losing one's job scars trust to such an extent that even finding new work may not reverse it.Full Story »
How your email address can affect your chances of getting hired Mar 19, 11:28 am
Washington, Mar 19 (ANI): A new study has shed light on email addresses demonstrating that an applicant's email address can greatly impact first impressions and affect one's chances of getting hired.Full Story »
- Apple CEO Tim Cook was 'yelled at' for offering liver to Steve Jobs
- Work schedules based on biological clocks may cure 'social jetlag'
- Work-family clashes make employees verbally abusive towards workers, loved ones
- Receiving after-hours email, text angers employees
- Lifestyle intervention program at workplace helps improve employee's health
- Zuckerberg says looks for 'boss' he would want to work for before hiring new employees
- Your voice may actually help you land the job as it reveals 'intelligence'
- How being unemployed can change your basic personality
- Workplace bullying can become vicious cycle for anxious victims
- Do treadmill desks actually help obese office workers?
TOP VIDEO STORIES