Toilets cleaner than people's workstationsApr 6, 12:59 pm
London, April 6 (ANI): Office staff may be at risk of catching germs and diseases from their desks.A new research has revealed that computer mice are three times dirtier than the average toilet seat and twice as filthy as the average toilet handle. The evidence came after research undertaken for cleaning firm Initial tested more than 158 different office items, the Daily Express reported.The growing trend for workers to eat lunch while browsing the internet is responsible for the infestation that makes toilets cleaner than people's workstations.Men are the worst offenders with their desks being 40 per cent dirtier than those of women.Warm conditions coupled with grease and crumbs provide the essential breeding ground for a whole host of bugs as computer equipment often goes for months without being cleaned properly.Potentially infectious bacteria are transferred from computer mice to people's mouths as they touch their faces and eat lunch.Some of the most commonly found bacterium included the virulent MRSA-causing staphy- lococcus germ and streptococcus, a cause of throat infections. The survey's results showed that keyboards ran a close second to computer mice."Mice and keyboards are not cleaned as regularly or as thoroughly as other parts of the office," said Peter Barratt, from Initial.(ANI)
Tim Cook 'disappointed' by new Indiana law that could allow companies to discriminate against gays Mar 28, 10:15 am
London, March 28 (ANI): Apple CEO Tim Cook has said that he is "deeply disappointed" by the new law passed in the US state of Indiana which could allow companies to discriminate against gay and lesbian customers.Full Story »
Narcissistic leaders like Steve Jobs are more successful, says study Mar 25, 11:08 am
Washington, March 25 (ANI): If you are bit vain in nature, you may just posses one of the qualities that most celebrated leaders in the business world have, as a new study has said claimed that narcissistic leaders happen to be the most successful ones.Full Story »
Job loss could lead to decade of distrust Mar 22, 10:30 am
Washington, Mar 22 (ANI): A new study has explored that losing one's job scars trust to such an extent that even finding new work may not reverse it.Full Story »
How your email address can affect your chances of getting hired Mar 19, 11:28 am
Washington, Mar 19 (ANI): A new study has shed light on email addresses demonstrating that an applicant's email address can greatly impact first impressions and affect one's chances of getting hired.Full Story »
- Apple CEO Tim Cook was 'yelled at' for offering liver to Steve Jobs
- Work schedules based on biological clocks may cure 'social jetlag'
- Work-family clashes make employees verbally abusive towards workers, loved ones
- Receiving after-hours email, text angers employees
- Lifestyle intervention program at workplace helps improve employee's health
- Zuckerberg says looks for 'boss' he would want to work for before hiring new employees
- Your voice may actually help you land the job as it reveals 'intelligence'
- How being unemployed can change your basic personality
- Workplace bullying can become vicious cycle for anxious victims
- Do treadmill desks actually help obese office workers?
TOP VIDEO STORIES