Cafe boss arrested for interviewing female job applicants while nakedApr 7, 1:08 pm
Washington, April 7 (ANI): A coffee bar owner in northern England is facing jail after he tried to conduct face-to-face interviews with female job hunters while he was naked.
David Richards admitted inviting three female for barista jobs to Rioco’s coffee bar in the city of York, then greeting them in the nude.
According to The York Press, the 53-year-old sent text messages to two teenagers, aged 15 and 16, and a woman in her 30s, who were interested in a job, and arranged to “interview” them on separate days.
When each applicant knocked on the door of his office, Richards was naked, Prosecutor Rob Galley told York Crown Court.
He told them he was in the middle of getting dressed but then attempted to proceed with the job interview without any clothes on, the Courier-Mail reported.
All three of the shocked applicants fled the premises and complained to the police, who arrested the businessman.
Richards initially protested his innocence, but on the day of his trial, he changed his plea and pleaded guilty to three charges of indecent exposure.
Judge Stephen Ashurst ordered probation officers to assess the risk Richards poses to other women before sentencing takes place later this month. (ANI)
- Brits spent 49bn hrs at work last year
- Work stress increases blood fat levels
- Being gay doesn't affect performance appraisals
- Working while standing proves beneficial for health
- Boss bites bum of junior worker
- Brit workers spend more than 16mins daydreaming each day
- Providing workplace wellness centers may backfire
- 25 weirdest questions asked in job interviews
- Stressful work conditions can up diabetes risk
- Early math and reading skills linked to job and income in adulthood