California Senate passes bill to ban employers from demanding job seekers' Facebook passwordsMay 26, 4:13 pm
California, May 26 (ANI): The California State Senate has passed a bill that would ban companies from asking job seekers or workers for their user names and passwords to social networking websites such as Facebook.The Senate passed 'SB1349' on Friday, which would make it illegal for employers and admissions officers at colleges and universities to ask current or prospective employees and students for passwords of their social media accounts.The bill sponsor, Senator Leland Yee, pointed out that social media accounts often contain information employers are not allowed to ask for, including a person's religion."Just simply turning over that account to an employer opens up tremendous liability," the Los Angeles Times quoted Yee, as saying.The move came a few weeks after the state's Assembly passed a similar bill. Bill 1844, sponsored by Assemblywoman Nora Campos, would designate anything marked as private on social media accounts as being beyond employers' limits.According to the paper, the bill brings California another step closer to becoming one of the first states in the US keeping companies out of their workers' social media accounts. (ANI)
It's official! Pregnant women do experience discrimination at work Dec 8, 11:26 am
London, Dec. 8 (ANI): A new study has confirmed that many expecting women experience unfair and unlawful treatment at work, and some even get sacked just for taking maternity leave.Full Story »
Odd working hours affect parent-child relationship Dec 7, 2:06 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): A new North Carolina State University study has found that parents, who work at odd hours, have troubled relationships with their children.Full Story »
What not-to-wear to work revealed! Dec 6, 2:54 pm
Wellington, December 6 (ANI): While adapting your wardrobe according to your workplace, make sure you choose wisely and not suffer a wardrobe malfunction at office. Here are certain ways to help you fit the mould and avoid a clothing malfunction.Full Story »
Tips to excel at work for introverts! Dec 5, 2:51 pm
Melbourne, December 5 (ANI): Modern workplaces make it difficult for introverts to feel like they can truly thrive at work. Here are certain things that introverts can do to still make their mark and stand out.Full Story »
- Stressed employees failing to switch off from work when on holiday
- How honesty and drive can help you bag a job without a good resume
- 'Best job in the world' entails guzzle beer across the globe!
- Reasons why underdogs succeed in workplaces revealed!
- Men prefer women as bosses even more than women
- Screening Facebook accounts of job applicants could deter candidates
- Tips to keep your business staffed during holidays revealed
- Sharing religious affiliation online can lead to difficult time finding job: Study
- Digital things to avoid at work!
- `Fake happy hours` PC virus lets you sneak out from work!
TOP VIDEO STORIES