Workers blame office treats for weight gainAug 11, 1:52 pm
London, August 11 (ANI): Sitting next to the wrong person at your workplace can be bad for your waistline, says a new study.Six out of 10 people blame colleagues who regularly buy cakes, sweets and treats for their weight gain.And desk-based office staff can expect to put on around 10lb during the first year of a new job.The research also revealed that office workers succumb to their first sweet snack by 10.04am and continue to pig out for the rest of the day. "The office appears to be a no-go area for people trying to stick to a healthier diet," the Daily Express quoted Janet Taylor, diet and health manager for Co-operative Food, which commissioned the study, as saying."Boredom levels and the temptation to snack on unhealthy foods from 'diet saboteurs' causes colleagues to pile on the pounds," she added. (ANI)
Experts say line between professional and personal life 'blurring' Dec 10, 11:16 am
Washington, Dec. 10 (ANI): A new study has shown that now-a-days employers disregard the motto of keeping professional and personal lives separate, and like to profit from their employees 'free' time and non-professional aptitudes.Full Story »
Wearing trainers at work may help you earn more respect Dec 9, 9:56 am
London, Dec 09 (ANI): While it is often customary to wear formal attire at the workplace, a new study has claimed that wearing more casual clothes to the office can enhance an employee's standing among co-workers.Full Story »
It's official! Pregnant women do experience discrimination at work Dec 8, 11:26 am
London, Dec. 8 (ANI): A new study has confirmed that many expecting women experience unfair and unlawful treatment at work, and some even get sacked just for taking maternity leave.Full Story »
Odd working hours affect parent-child relationship Dec 7, 2:06 pm
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): A new North Carolina State University study has found that parents, who work at odd hours, have troubled relationships with their children.Full Story »
- Tips to excel at work for introverts!
- Why exercise is better than drinking coffee at work
- Stressed employees failing to switch off from work when on holiday
- How honesty and drive can help you bag a job without a good resume
- 'Best job in the world' entails guzzle beer across the globe!
- Reasons why underdogs succeed in workplaces revealed!
- Men prefer women as bosses even more than women
- Screening Facebook accounts of job applicants could deter candidates
- Tips to keep your business staffed during holidays revealed
- Sharing religious affiliation online can lead to difficult time finding job: Study
TOP VIDEO STORIES